Loyd irvin protoge Mike Fowler

i go to crazy 88s Lloyd Irvin school and my friends were telling me about how they went up to lloyds school and how mike was so energetic and amazing. Also another Lloyd finess Ryan hall. they were saying how rolling with these guys was amazing even when they kicked there asses. These guys are amazing kids

I wish Mike would do BJJ seminars here in Guam without having to join their school. I know he does seminars in Japan and in the Phillippines. Would love to learn some of his techniques. He doesn't even post instructional videos in youtube!

Mike is very, very good but never been a big fan of his style. A bit too defensive and passive for my taste. Against the elite, he's usually playing only guard/half guard waiting on the other guy to force things before going for anything.

Impressive win against Saulo though. If you listen closely during that match can hear Lloyd walking Mike through how to finish the submission. :icon_chee

Nice guy. Funny colored hair. I remembered joking around with him on the sidelines of a NAGA tourney around 2004. I believe he was a purple at the time. We were checking out some girl's ass.

He came and visited my school in NY. Apparently he was a friend of my instructor's.

What Lloyd Irvin school was he out of?

im in Crazy 88 under Julius Park Maryland

What Lloyd Irvin school was he out of?

im in Crazy 88 under Julius Park Maryland

He's out of the main school in Camp Springs.

And just as an FYI, Mike Fowler has moved back from Guam to train full time with Lloyd Irvin.

He's out of the main school in Camp Springs.

And just as an FYI, Mike Fowler has moved back from Guam to train full time with Lloyd Irvin.

Thanks for the update. Been meaning to say this. He moved back this past Feb 09. Even though Im training under a different school I really appreciated what he did for BJJ in Guam. Well hope he gets to visit again. On a differ note guys I know that trained under him in Guam say he went back to prep for the trials. If so has living on Guam hurt Mike's BJJ or does this have anything to do with Ryan leaving Lloyd; hence Lloyd needs his other protoge back?

Thanks for the update. Been meaning to say this. He moved back this past Feb 09. Even though Im training under a different school I really appreciated what he did for BJJ in Guam. Well hope he gets to visit again. On a differ note guys I know that trained under him in Guam say he went back to prep for the trials. If so has living on Guam hurt Mike's BJJ or does this have anything to do with Ryan leaving Lloyd; hence Lloyd needs his other protoge back?

From his website:
MikeFowlerTV

"aking a step back

It's funny, because I was at Lloyd's when I first started grappling and had no concept of how great he or ryan hall would turn out to be. to me, they were just really good guys at the school. Never thought he was world class or that ryan would be such a force.

It's funny, because I was at Lloyd's when I first started grappling and had no concept of how great he or ryan hall would turn out to be. to me, they were just really good guys at the school. Never thought he was world class or that ryan would be such a force.

apparantly Mike Fowler is good at jiujitsu or something =/
i like his half guard although Amazon squashed it w/ relative ease at the Asian Open.

lol

apparantly Mike Fowler is good at jiujitsu or something =/
i like his half guard although Amazon squashed it w/ relative ease at the Asian Open.

lol

Seen Amazon in person when he competed here in Guam. Amazon is huge compared to Fowler. Fowler should consider dropping at a lower weight.

Back