Lowkicks

absolutely. Same way they are in a combat sport. Use them to set up your hands. hammer one home and then fake the second and throw a hook instead. Or just land them and dance away repeatedly. There’s a video of pro mma fighter, Real life super hero (and, sadly, convicted drug Dealer) Phoenix Jones using low kicks to wreck a dude in a street fight
Makes sense, thx for the reply. Ill have to start getting a killer leg kick!

these thai guys do some crazy conditioning to their shins, I broke my leg once , very painful plus it takes months to heal, if the guy you're kicking has thicker bones than you and checks your kick properly you may fracture your leg, low kicks are dangerous but don't throw you off base

Had a kid come out in his LFA debut and break his foot with the very first strike of the fight. He threw a calf kick but got the range/angle wrong and that was it. Got subbed in the second because wrestling on a broken foot is a mother fucker

Had a kid come out in his LFA debut and break his foot with the very first strike of the fight. He threw a calf kick but got the range/angle wrong and that was it. Got subbed in the second because wrestling on a broken foot is a mother fucker
i have a theory that it helps to have thai legs. those dudes have seriously thick lower legs, also not too long. i saw the corey hill leg break and though what the fuck was he thinking.

Does ball of foot vs heel make a difference when running?
I always run on ball of foot because I find it more comfortable
You push off on the toes, it's faster and flows more. Lighter impact on the joints too

Heel ends up damaging your knees over time with the repeated impact over time. Kilometers of it, become days, become years, etc

I'm having trouble landing leg kicks on the heavy bag. I land on the lower shin or mid shin and my foot ends up wrapping around the bag, which causes my second toe to whip into the bag. I have the problem with both legs.

I've never had this problem with throwing leg kicks in sparring, so maybe it's just me getting the distance wrong?

Baseball bats are kicked in half at the weakest point, so are shins. Build those calf muscles. And condition the shins to build thicker stronger denser bones

Baseball bats are kicked in half at the weakest point, so are shins. Build those calf muscles. And condition the shins to build thicker stronger denser bones
My legs are frail as fuck. I am a reasonable kicker (by mma standards) but I have very little durability, in the leg department.

I could. I have been working on leg strength which helps a bit, and I used to get people to kick me in the legs, but I mostly just box if I'm fight training, these days.

The decision is yours on what and where to improve. Just gotta put in the work

Human skeleton completely regrows itself every 10 years, something to take into consideration regarding shin conditioning and overall conditioning

Here is the bible of countering lowkick for MMA made by me :
This is not the final version. Do you see a mistake, a contradiction ?
Need feedback please.

Bible of low kick :

Last edited by a moderator:
Back