Lowest Finish Percentage In the UFC

JonFitch_0133.jpg

josh-koscheck-eye.png

8_Josh_Burkman_vs._Jon_Fitch.gif

woodley.koscheck.gif

GSP hasn't legitimately finished a fight since 2008 lol

This^

GSP used to have a trademark backflip that he does after getting a finish. Most people seem to have forgotten about it since he hasn't gotten a finish in so long...

Chances of him responding to this reality check - 0%

Love these guys that not only post utter nonsense that can be debunked with two minutes of research, but also punctuate that nonsense with "Fact."

GSP is 19-2 in the UFC.
He only has 7 finishes in his UFC career.
2 of those 7 finishes were against lightweights (BJ & Sherk)
GSP finishes 33% of his UFC fights.

Since losing to Matt Serra in 2007, GSP has finished 3 of 12 fights.
That's only 25%.

I like GSP but without a doubt, GSP is NO finisher.

And it's not even that, it's the fact that he absolutely dominated every single one of those fighters save for Hendricks.
this.

The fact that he made Fitch, Alves, Koscheck, Diaz, etc... look like amateurs, is simply astounding.

The fact he had 18 extra rounds in his last 9 fights and didn't finish any other them is astounding. 1 just quit from boredom.

GSP is 19-2 in the UFC.
He only has 7 finishes in his UFC career.
2 of those 7 finishes were against lightweights (BJ & Sherk)
GSP finishes 33% of his UFC fights.

Since losing to Matt Serra in 2007, GSP has finished 3 of 12 fights.
That's only 25%.

I like GSP but without a doubt, GSP is NO finisher.

Who said GSP is a finisher?

There just happens to be other fighters in the UFC that have a worse finishing rate than he has which is why people who named GSP in this thread are getting responses.

http://www.mmaverse.com/ufc-fighters-with-the-lowest-finishing-rate-in-2014/

The fact he had 18 extra rounds in his last 9 fights and didn't finish any other them is astounding. 1 just quit from boredom.

Lol

Last edited:
Benson Henderson has 0 finishes in 9 UFC fights. 3 finishes in 14 UFC/WEC fights.

matt hughes one of the most dominant "rasslers" was a finishing machine

And yet when you look at the top guys both GSP and Matt fought during their runs GSP finished more of them.

Matt had the benefit of fighting at a time where you still got a ton of lower end comp mixed in with your top fights. Same with Wandy and Fedor in that time frame. Somehow shertards never want to consider that.

This^

GSP used to have a trademark backflip that he does after getting a finish. Most people seem to have forgotten about it since he hasn't gotten a finish in so long...

What does he do after getting beaten? Most people have probably forgotten given he hasn't lost in so long.

What does he do after getting beaten? Most people have probably forgotten given he hasn't lost in so long.

Either tap to strikes or tap to an arm bar, it feels like it just happened yesterday.

EVERYYYYYONEEEEEE still remembers what happens.

I don't even like GSP, but Jesus how does his name come up in this thread? So many guys with lower percentages.. It's clearly just to stir up arguments.

And to help therassler get his post count up

Either tap to strikes or tap to an arm bar, it feels like it just happened yesterday.

EVERYYYYYONEEEEEE still remembers what happens.

Hey I remember it, I also remember him going on a run that puts him firmly in the top 3 GOAT in MMA (and number 2 behind Fedor imo).

Back