Lowest Finish Percentage In the UFC

I don't even like GSP, but Jesus how does his name come up in this thread? So many guys with lower percentages.. It's clearly just to stir up arguments.

And it's not even that, it's the fact that he absolutely dominated every single one of those fighters save for Hendricks.

Ryan Jimmo, before he came to the UFC, was boring as fuck. Decisions all day. Bright lights come on, and he's snatching souls left and right.

That is true, but he only finished ~37% of his UFC wins. And when GSP retired he hadn't finished a fight in almost 5 years.

No amount of facts can overcome obsessive hugging of the sack.

Belongs to who?

If I had to guess I'd say it's Bruno Santos who has finished only 2 of his 13 wins. A 15.4% finishing rate... Remarkably low for a guy that spend most of his fights against regional competition.

Anyone with lower?

Sherdog favorite Bethe Correia - 12.5% (1 out of 8)

Any female 135lb fighter not called Ronda Rousey.
Fact.

Jake Shields
8 fights 1 finish........ed by Ellenberger

I don't think you know the difference between rasslers and wrestlers.

one uses wrestling to finish guys, the other uses rassling to ride out decisions.

gsp wrote the book on how to use his rassling to ride out the clock to decisions.

You really never have watched A GSP fight have you. There were a couple fights where he coasted the 5th round after trying for 4 rounds to work and finish, even if he wasn't able to. But you look at some of his "non finishes" like Fitch, Hardy, Koscheck, and tell me with a straight face that GSP was just riding out the fight doing no damage and looking to avoid damage. You can't without making yourself look like a bigger joke than you are.

Any female 135lb fighter not called Ronda Rousey.
Fact.

% of career wins via finish:

Miesha Tate: 54%
Cat Zingano : 88%
Alexis Davis - 57%
Sara McMann - 57%
Sarah Kaufman - 59%
Liz Carmouche - 91%
Shayna Baszler - 93%
Alexis Dufresne - 100%
Jessica Andrade - 81%
Amanda Nunes - 100%

Last edited:
You really never have watched A GSP fight have you. There were a couple fights where he coasted the 5th round after trying for 4 rounds to work and finish, even if he wasn't able to. But you look at some of his "non finishes" like Fitch, Hardy, Koscheck, and tell me with a straight face that GSP was just riding out the fight doing no damage and looking to avoid damage. You can't without making yourself look like a bigger joke than you are.

Shouldn't you replace Hardy with Alves? The Hardy fight was a joke.

Diego Nunes had zero finishes in the UFC. I can't even remember him finishing anybody in WEC either.

% of career wins via finish:

Miesha Tate: 54%
Cat Zingano : 88%
Alexis Davis - 57%
Sara McMann - 57%
Sarah Kaufman - 59%
Liz Carmouche - 91%
Shayna Baszler - 93%
Alexis Dufresne - 100%
Jessica Andrade - 81%
Amanda Nunes - 100%

Chances of him responding to this reality check - 0%

Benson, he hasn't finished a fight in his UFC tenure.

Gsp Glad hes gone. The welterweight division is SOOO fucking exciting right now with him out of the picture lol.

Yeah! All those people who are less skilled than GSP battling it out makes it fun!

It's funny how divisions become exciting when the best fighter leaves. All those guys who were a level or two behind the best all of a sudden have to battle it out for the best instead of battling it out for number 2.

Yeah! All those people who are less skilled than GSP battling it out makes it fun!

It's funny how divisions become exciting when the best fighter leaves. All those guys who were a level or two behind the best all of a sudden have to battle it out for the best instead of battling it out for number 2.

Well ya it's exciting when you don't have to watch a guy lay on people or jab for 25 minutes. He never said GSP wasn't good but watching his stale formula of jab takedown, repeat, was painful.

Well ya it's exciting when you don't have to watch a guy lay on people or jab for 25 minutes. He never said GSP wasn't good but watching his stale formula of jab takedown, repeat, was painful.

That's worth an eye roll.

gsp.jpg

Back