Lowest Finish Percentage In the UFC

Exactly.

Though I will say the WW title picture is more interesting without GSP since the playing field is much more level.

There are a bunch of top ten guys who could realistically have a good shot against Hendricks whereas with GSP it was one maybe two.

I prefer having the privilege of watching legendary greatness at it's best.

Now it's just nothing out of the ordinary fighters out-pummeling each other for the belt. I don't find that very exciting.

The next wave of WW fighters that will contend for the belt are much more interesting in my opinion. Fighters like Brandon Tatch, Gunnar Nelson, Jordan Mein, etc.

Some that I thought of

Gray Maynard: 1 finish in 9 UFC wins (11.1%)
Benson Henderson: 0 finishes in 8 UFC wins (0.0%)

Weidman stopped Anderson, twice.
Jones finished Vitor, Machida, Shogun and Rampage.

I don't think you know the difference between rasslers and wrestlers.

one uses wrestling to finish guys, the other uses rassling to ride out decisions.

gsp wrote the book on how to use his rassling to ride out the clock to decisions.

I don't think you know the difference between rasslers and wrestlers.

one uses wrestling to finish guys, the other uses rassling to ride out decisions.

gsp wrote the book on how to use his rassling to ride out the clock to decisions.

so who is the king rassler. fitch, shields, or...

Not in the part I quoted and wrote a response to. Obviously.

What, finishing over 50% of his wins?

Uh how is that not an answer to TS' question. Pretty sure TS isn't just limiting it just to UFC wins hence his comment about regional competition.

Gsp fan boys.

For a fanbase that's constantly clamoring about how finishes are overrated and have nothing to do with "dominance" they sure as hell get butthurt when you mention his finishing rate (or lack thereof).

Gsp fan boys.

For a fanbase that's constantly clamoring about how finishes are overrated and have nothing to do with "dominance" they sure as hell get butthurt when you mention his finishing rate (or lack thereof).

GSP Haters: He retired having beaten every opponent he ever faced.....name another MMA fighter who has done that? Yeah, right! :icon_chee

so who is the king rassler. fitch, shields, or...

Well, it's pretty obvious who the King Rassler is...it's displayed in my AV.

But if you wanna talk about who is the bigger rassler between fitch and shields, it's basically a toss up. If we're only talking about in the UFC, I give fitch the edge between the two. But overall, they both had their long runs as a rassler, especially shields in Strikeforce was pretty brutal to watch. Neither guy really evolved their striking at all, after all these years. They basically stuck with the same striking game plan, which was just to do enough to set up the takedown.

Gsp fan boys.

Really? Lets see this

What, finishing over 50% of his wins?

Uh how is that not an answer to TS' question. Pretty sure TS isn't just limiting it just to UFC wins hence his comment about regional competition.
The person I quoted didn't try to answer the TS' question in the part I quoted. He was replying to people who accused GSP of being boring and when doing so he pointed out that GSP finished 50% of his victories.

The person I quoted didn't try to answer the TS' question in the part I quoted. He was replying to people who accused GSP of being boring and when doing so he pointed out that GSP finished 50% of his victories.

He was replying to the people who were replying to TS' question.....

I don't even like GSP, but Jesus how does his name come up in this thread? So many guys with lower percentages.. It's clearly just to stir up arguments.

GSP.

Didn't finish a fight the entire 2nd half his career

JonFitch_0133.jpg

josh-koscheck-eye.png

Back