Lower back pain

S1Z

yoked.
@Green
Reaction score
Sorry for being lazy and not doing a thorough search.

About 3-4 years ago I could run 10k 4-5 times a week no problem. I've basically cut cardio from my life, more so over the last 2 years. I've gone from 150-200 lbs in this entire time frame. Edit* 6'0 tall

Also, I deadlift with poor form. I heard all the warnings about poor lower lumbar rounding and hitching and whatever, but I never felt pain in a way that I felt it was an issue, and I preferred to hit my 'big' PR's than to stick with lower weight. For the record I deadlift roughly 475 lbs.

Recently I've been squatting and deadlifting twice a week each, and going for PR's at least once each.

Anyway, rugby season just started up and while running, I have been having very bad lower back pain. I can lightly jog and sprint in bursts, but it's a consistent ache that plateaus after about 3 minutes of running and persists until I take a substantial break.

My questions are what does this sound like, has anyone experienced this, and is this something that can go away quickly so long as I follow appropriate measures? Accordingly, what would those measures be?

I am going to start light jogging and rowing regularly and light weight good mornings and deadlifts with proper form. I'm just stressed out because I have 2 rugby seasons approaching back to back and I need to be able to run at a much better pace for a much longer time than this pain allows.

This is just me looking for a bit of feedback, thanks and sorry for the long winded post.

CLIFFS
gained weight
overtrained lower back with poor form
rugby season coming
bad pain in lower back after running at any pace for over 3-5 minutes
will this go away if i am easy on my back?
how long

Poor form + not staying in shape + getting older = back pain

Seriously, lower your weight significantly until you can deadlift/squat properly.

Do some back stretches every day...

Back