Lowen Tynanes vs Honorio Banario set for quarterfinals of ONEFc Lightweight Grand Prix on January 25

EndlessCritic

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
https://www.onefc.com/articles/honorio-banario-meets-lowen-tynanes-in-first-gp-match-in-manila/

Did not see that coming. Tynanes just instantly became the tournament favorite.

The January 25 card will also see Geje Eustaqio defend his flyweight title in his trilogy fight with Adriano Moraes, and there will be another huge fight at flyweight as Danny Kingad faces Tatsumitsu Wada. Frankly, I'm shocked Kingad vs Wada isn't a GP match.

Eddie Alvarez vs Timofey Nastyukhin are fighting in Japan in March. The other two quarterfinal bouts have not yet been announced for the lightweight tournament. (Edit: Is Aoki vs Folayang 2 a GP bout? I don't think so.)

Demetrious Johnson vs Yuya Wakamatsu remains the only announced bout for the flyweight tournament.

Last edited:
Nice to see Tynanes back in action

Between KOTC and OneFC contract issues its robbed this kid of the hype he had years ago as a prospect. Who knows if he can get it back, win this GP, beat someone like Eddie and the hype will be there.

Why is that?
Nothing against him really and genuinely happy to see him back. But the way some people here talk about him as the uncrowned champ is unwarranted and a little annoying.

Also he's talked about using ONE as a stepping stone to the UFC, so it's definitely better that he doesn't win this tournament. In the spirit of having some competition in the MMA landscape and all that.

Yeesh. Good to see Lowen back but this saga with him has been ridiculous

Nothing against him really and genuinely happy to see him back. But the way some people here talk about him as the uncrowned champ is unwarranted and a little annoying.

Also he's talked about using ONE as a stepping stone to the UFC, so it's definitely better that he doesn't win this tournament. In the spirit of having some competition in the MMA landscape and all that.

Then why hasn't he signed with UFC yet?
They take for much smaller accomplishments...

47694245_231546124449571_1363732345960101966_n.jpg

Not bad, tapology had this listed at 170, so I was thinking Tynanes was going to become next in line to challenge Zabaztian for WW belt. That is not the case but still cool news though. War ONE

Glad to see lowen is back. Big fan of his and I hope he does well

Is this on tonight or tomorrow night?

EDIT: The ONE FC app countdown indicates this starts around 6 hr from now. Wiki says it has a bunch of muay thai, kickboxing, so I set my alarm to wake up later.

Last edited:
Is this on tonight or tomorrow night?

EDIT: The ONE FC app countdown indicates this starts around 6 hr from now. Wiki says it has a bunch of muay thai, kickboxing, so I set my alarm to wake up later.
it's on in 7 hours.

Tynanes steamrolls Banario as expected. Such an athlete.

About as one sided of a beatdown as it gets in MMA.

Last edited:
I'd like to see Lowen test himself vs. Alvarez.

Good to see Lowen back, sucks his career has been derailed by contract shit with KOTC and OneFC.

Huge opportunity for him here if he can win this and beat Eddie. It would probably tie him to OneFC for the rest of his career sadly but its not like he was able to leave before.

Still think Eddie beats everyone as long as he doesnt take anyone lightly. He's still a top LW.

Back