Low Carb and Satiety

dza76wutang

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
So I've been trying to low-carb it and I feel hungry even though I'm eating what seems like a lot. It's a weird kind of hunger, like my stomach is empty even though I'm piling meat and eggs in there. I think my stomach has gotten used to the volume of carbs (a few slices of bread is a lot less dense than a chicken breast, even though the chicken might have more calories). Is this something that I adjust to, if so when? I recall last time I did low-carb this was a pain in the butt and I don't recall ever adjusting.

I did the low carb\no carb thing for quite some time, and i always felt hungry. I could sit and eat 4 hard boiled eggs and choke down 2 hamburger patties, and an hour later i was hungry again.

I did the low carb\no carb thing for quite some time, and i always felt hungry. I could sit and eat 4 hard boiled eggs and choke down 2 hamburger patties, and an hour later i was hungry again.

Do you know if it goes away or are we doing something wrong? :redface:

Once ketosis sets in some of those cravings will go away.

Some of it may also be partly psychological. I know when I do RFD, for the first few days, I am full after a meal but not satisfied at all (if that makes sense)

Once ketosis sets in some of those cravings will go away.

Some of it may also be partly psychological. I know when I do RFD, for the first few days, I am full after a meal but not satisfied at all (if that makes sense)

Makes perfect sense, I think that's kind of what I'm experiencing. I know there's food in there but I still feel like I could eat more (even though I may not need to do so!).

Do you know if it goes away or are we doing something wrong? :redface:

I may have been doing it wrong. Not sure, but i never felt full or satisfied until cheat day. Maybe Clint has a point, it may have been more in my head rather than my gutt.

I may have been doing it wrong. Not sure, but i never felt full or satisfied until cheat day. Maybe Clint has a point, it may have been more in my head rather than my gutt.

The worst part of low carb is that contant dull hunger. Find the lowest carb peanutbutter you can get. A spoonful usually triggers the "awww that was a good meal switch."

It goes away. I wouldn't be almost a year in to CKD living if it involved any level of hunger.

Try drinking more water too. That helps.

The worst part of low carb is that contant dull hunger. Find the lowest carb peanutbutter you can get. A spoonful usually triggers the "awww that was a good meal switch."

This worked! IDK the nutrition info on my peanut butter because it's made by WFoods but a fat spoonful of that quieted my stomach.

Anaconda, I put down like 6 liters per day, minimum, if I drink even more I might burst lol.

a lot of times the hunger is just a symptom of going into ketosis. make sure that you eat veggies with your meals so that you can get more of a "full feeling"

a lot of times the hunger is just a symptom of going into ketosis. make sure that you eat veggies with your meals so that you can get more of a "full feeling"

yeah i used to fill up on pickled cabbage , raw turnips or carrots , they fill up your stomach but they wont give you that high blood sugar feeling of well being .
ephedrine is probably the best thing to curb appetite that i used , also splenda is very good .

I suppose your never going to feel 100% whilst in a calorie defecit .

This worked! IDK the nutrition info on my peanut butter because it's made by WFoods but a fat spoonful of that quieted my stomach.

Anaconda, I put down like 6 liters per day, minimum, if I drink even more I might burst lol.

lol thats good man, a lot of ppl just forget to drink enough.

the pb suggestion works very well definitely, thats something I do on a regular basis as well.

Peanut butter works well because of the nature of the fat content. In other words, the longer the chain fats in a substance, the more full you'll feel because they take longer to break down, similar to the difference between fiber and refined starches, only without the insulin effects.

Also, the adaptation period for going very low-carb, or ketogenic may take a while. In following blood-glucose of more sever cases (people who are already diabetic, or overweight and borderline), even though they lost significant amounts of weight, it still took a long time for their blood-sugar to come down and their insulin resistance to improve. So despite very little carb intake, higher fat intake, and good hydration, the persistence of insulin still triggered hunger/cravings, particularly at night.

Back