Low Bar Squats - Is this just an ego squat?

You should post all of his pertinent information, including social security #.

I'm assuming he meant 1300 powerlifting total.

Just show him this:

High bar squats - are they just an excuse to feel superior about squatting less weight?

Front squats - are they just an excuse to avoid awkward squat spotting?

Epic lulz at this thread. I'm going to put in another vote for fb guy is an idiot who likely doesn't lift very much anyway

Funny this thread came about, because I just decided to low-bar squat again after watching this video yesterday:

Quite a lot of good coaches say the same thing, perhaps not in as arrogant terms.

Greg Everitt has a chapter in his book about why high bar squats are better. When I asked him a follow up question along the lines of 'I am just Olly lifting for fun, my goal is overall strength' his opinion was to high bar, and if I was worried about posterior to do DL variations (rdl, sldl, gm)

I have been solely high bar squatting for a few months and I am starting to really like it.

Eh I think it all comes down to personal preference. I used to love the low bar. Decided to try high bar and not give a flying fart about reduced weight and I actually like it more. Once I got over the using less weight factor the movement just seemed more natural to me.

I will stir the pot here though. I don't like Rip's way or low bar squatting.

Low bar squats are for girls.

...am I a pretty girl?

sbsp.jpg

Back