Love him or hate him, Conor McGregor is a rags-to-riches success story

Yeah it’s just so easy.

Never said it was easy, but 'rags to riches' basically mean you went from a dirt poor background with no oppurtinities and bad living conditions, to just, living the dream and a life of luxury, doesnt mean you won't work hard for it, but the saying is wrong in Conor's case. If it wasnt for MMA he could still have had a day job and live an ok life out of it. Dublin is not some slum in Mumbai.

they both did. Both are self made. Sure manny was poorer but anyone with that drive and succeeds on that level I can’t hate.

the guy is always exciting in his fights is what he profession is. I don’t care if he drowns cats on a weekly basis. Or punches old men and or women.

I solely watch to guys fight in a cage to see them fight in a cage. Not to judge someone’s morals who again fights in a cage for dollars.
How did they both if Conor was never close to being anything near to poor?

LoL holyshit are you raw hahahahaha

Laughing at you ... been in MMA since 1990 ... boxed in the 80s/

Conor bless ya bum life kiddo lol.

Kiddo?

Born in 1964 ...

I was kicking ass and banging starlets before you were a smile on your daddy's face.

Paid cash for my home; premium credit; no debt; nearly a quarter-mil in the bank.

Sit down, and shaddap. Respect your elders and betters.

How did they both if Conor was never close to being anything near to poor?

if you can’t support yourself and live in your parents basement the most succesful athlete in your entire sports profession. That’s kind of a big deal.

Money no money. Middle or the road. He did that himself and it’s commendable.

you can hate if you want. I couldn’t do it. Maybe you e hit that pinnacle and ate the most succesful human ever in your field of work. . So congrats to you also

if you can’t support yourself and live in your parents basement the most succesful athlete in your entire sports profession. That’s kind of a big deal.

Money no money. Middle or the road. He did that himself and it’s commendable.

you can hate if you want. I couldn’t do it. Maybe you e hit that pinnacle and ate the most succesful human ever in your field of work. . So congrats to you also
But he could support himself. He just chose not to.

And I never said it wasn't impressive. I said it's not rags to riches. Obviously it isn't. Conor grew up more privileged than most of the world

Laughing at you ... been in MMA since 1990 ... boxed in the 80s/

Kiddo?

Born in 1964 ...

I was kicking ass and banging starlets before you were a smile on your daddy's face.

Paid cash for my home; premium credit; no debt; nearly a quarter-mil in the bank.

Sit down, and shaddap. Respect your elders and betters.

Mate your a fat kid sitting in a damp basement with ass smelling sweat pants on. Stfu

Conor living in your head 24/7 and it is laughable you even think you know what it takes to be a martial artist or a fighter.

And lol at your made up list of accomplishments.

Ya bum.

Yep, he did good for himself and his family. Props to conor

Thats clickbait, he sure isnt the "richest athlete", most likely not even the best paid athlete either...he cashed in on Proper 12 and 1 fight in a year to make it to the #1 earnings athlete in sports, but wasnt it that like just exchanging his net worth to a different currency? i mean, an athlete that owns 10 properties that worth 100million sells them for said 100million, he didnt earned that money, he already sort of had it, similar to what Conor did, the man has been GREAT with his career tho, but im not a financial fanboy so i dont really care how many millions some athletes have or made, i like to watch them fight.

He is not the richest athlete, just the highest earner due to selling his stake in Proper 12

There quite a few athletes richer, past and present!

Or earners, pretty sure the rest of the top 10 of that list have been there for a few years and probably will be there for a few years more, he wont.

Rags to riches is still the fairytale being peddled to people?

More like went from well off family to ultra rich.

The dude has never actually suffered - don't bring up he had to go on welfare - he made that choice to quit a good paying job to go on welfare; only lazy, entitled scumbags do that.

Mate your a fat kid sitting in a damp basement with ass smelling sweat pants on. Stfu

You're (not your), retard.

No basement, prime level viewing.

Conor living in your head 24/7 and it is laughable you even think you know what it takes to be a martial artist or a fighter.

What's truly laughable is that you think you know "anything" in regards to martial arts, or fighting, compared to me.

Most likely, you're an "adult child," paying rent, owning nothing, while thinking you're somebody ...

That said, as a martial artist, Conor isn't even in my thoughts, he's such a laughable joke for the genre.

I know what it takes to produce "fighters," as I bred pit combat bulls for 25 years, producing champions in every state, North America, South America, Europe and Asia, for a quarter-century. I've boxed since 1988 and have been into MMA since UFC I.

And lol at your made up list of accomplishments.
Ya bum.

Nothing "made up," ya cur.

Just your predictable denial of my absolute superiority to you—on every level—experience wise, financially, etc.

Hey, I think the mailman showed up ... he has your parents' financial support ... to supplement your inadequacy as a man to pay your own way in this world.

Last edited:
I'm sure Jeff Bezos is incredibly jealous of Conor's life story.

Conor is the most successful businessman fighter in UFC history. It's really remarkable actually.......

Conor McGregor is a "poverty" to "riches" story.

But he is NOT a "success" story. True success is more than just money. It is also CHARACTER.

Conor McGregor has ultimately FAILED in every aspect of what it is to be a "martial artist."

He is not humble, he is not sincere, and he has not been able to maintain Championship status.

Conor McGregor has proven to be a loser, a quitter, and a coward every time DEEP RESULT is required.

He has never come from behind to defeat adversity.

The second Conor is put behind, he resigns quits.

To be honest, dude is on the precipice of losing everything.

My bet is that, 10 years from now, Conor's lack of character will have lost him everything that his "marginal talent" allowed him to taste ... for a few seconds.

You think 10 years from now he'll be broke? He has proven to be a savvy business man starting a company and cashing out 9 figures within a few years. And "marginal talent"? Lol what do you do for a living?

Conor is the most successful businessman fighter in UFC history. It's really remarkable actually.......
And why should people care about this exactly? Do you watch UFC to see people get richer? Or do you watch UFC to see the entertaining MMA fights?

As others have said, Conor's is not a rags to riches story.

I do admire his success, as it is quite an incredible feat consider MMA fighters don't make much compared to other athletes. I also enjoy Conor's fighting style. But I dislike Conor himself, just a terrible human being. I'm sure all that money and success made him into what he is. He is controlled by money, and it seems like money is his God.

It’s not rags to riches if you actively pursue welfare when you had a good job.

You don't get to claim a rags-to-riches story when you are born into circumstances probably 80 percent of the world would dream of, and then squander those opportunities over and over again to fall down the SES ladder.

Good on him for rebounding, but it's pretty insulting to call that rags-to-riches in an international sport where multiple champions have been (through no fault of their own) third world poor or even destitute.

Edit: I see others have said the same thing I did.

The vast majority of highly sucessful prize fighters are rags to riches stories. Very few of them come from wealthy or even upper middle class backgrounds.

Another example of if you know how to market, you can make big money.

Back