Love him or hate him, Conor McGregor is a rags-to-riches success story

He is not even close to being the richest athlete in the world.

Stop believing these media headlines, it's a joke.

Who gives a fuck. Seriously? Why do his fans harp on his money? It’s the strangest thing I’ve ever encountered.

This is an MMA forum. A story about a poor kid in Ireland making it big in MMA appeals to the masses. Love or hate him, Conor has done what very few others have been able to do, which makes the story unique and interesting. The story has been covered on ESPN, CNN, Yahoo Sports, New York Post, Washington Post, USA Today, Forbes......

Conor is a MAJOR success story. I love to see him fight, and i hope he wins his next fight. If he loses his next one i feel like that is truly the last time we will see him fight. incoming Conor 22.0!!!!!!!!!!

Who gives a fuck. Seriously? Why do his fans harp on his money? It’s the strangest thing I’ve ever encountered.
Agreed. Good for Conor, I guess, but there are lots of athletes just like him who make it big. Rags to riches in sports, especially combat sports, is very common.

1. mcgregor was never an actual plumber

2. Mcgregor would leave his parents middle class home, in their decidedly middle class estate in leafy surbubia, to pursue his dream

man no one cares about this shit now lol

2016 wants its thread back.

Nice Try.

200.gif

Agreed. Good for Conor, I guess, but there are lots of athletes just like him who make it big. Rags to riches in sports, especially combat sports, is very common.

The majority of basketball and football stars came from far worse than he did

Crumbling is a working class neighborhood. It's not by any stretch a ghetto

I think it’s pretty impressive the amount of wealth he was able to secure for himself in a relatively small amount of time. Especially considering how many talk about how little mma pays. Maybe it isn’t a job but an opportunity.

Youre not a real fight fan if you dont love Conor. He is exciting beyond belief inside and outside octagon.
I enjoy watching him fight but wished he was more humble considering his blue collar origin story. Some of his antics are repulsive.
To paraphrase the Rolling Stones, I used to love him... but it's all over now.

Back