Lovato Jr is probably done with MMA

Reb

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
He is talking about it at JRE.

He has some kind of brain disease (cavernoma) and doctors are not sure if its smart to continue fighting.
They discovered it a month or so before the Mousasi fight. His whole camp got screwed up because of it. In the end he was cleared to fight Mousasi.

In december 2019 they were planning for a fight with Mousasi for this month (januari 2020). The European mma commision allready had said he cant fight over there. In december the California commission said the same. The fight was off.

Lovato will still be doing bjj-matches.

Last edited:
Inb4 angry Moose fanboys bashing him.

Bad news btw.

Inb4 angry Moose fanboys bashing him.

Bad news btw.

I am a fanboi. Can't be angry at him. Besides the brain problems that came to light just before the Moose fight, he also had a hamstring injury. He could barely walk a month before the fight. Still he was able to beat Mousasi. He was the better man that night and I think if they would fight again he probably beats Mousasi again. He is Gegards kryptonite.

I am a fanboi. Can't be angry at him. Besides the brain problems that came to light just before the Moose fight, he also had a hamstring injury. He could barely walk a month before the fight. Still he was able to beat Mousasi. He was the better man that night and I think if they would fight again he probably beats Mousasi again. He is Gegards kryptonite.
Not to mention Gegard did a whole lot of this.

giphy.gif

Anyway it's a shame for Lovato Jr, but ending your career having gone 10-0, along with the Bellator title, isn't so bad.

Last edited:
Even if he does not come back, I hope he makes a full recovery.

Watching it now.. tough shit.

Don't know the best way and time and how to communicate that kind of thing though.

This is sad news but glad that he won the belt and defeated an all time great. For his sake I hope he retires from mma and have a hard time believing if he's still allowed or wants to at this point.

This cat is so cool and genuine and respectful! MMA will miss a guy like this!

We all know he is using....But this is NOT the thread or discussion for that!

Health should always come first. Good luck to him.

Mousasi fanboys on suicide watch.
Big fan of Moose but Lovato seems like such a good guy. Listened to him on Luke Thomas awhile back. I hope he stays successful in his BJJ and makes a full recovery.

That sucks.

Good for Mousasi though now he can be MW champ again. Dont know who the hell he fights, Salter maybe?

Yeah no way he should fight again, regardless if he gets cleared

Too high risk for those blood vessels to break

Good shake up for the 185lb division. Lot of young killers there

Sucks. I was looking forward to seeing another grappling heavy fighter compete, considering that Maia probably will be do be soon.

Back