Loureda has a next opponent

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by Martialbeef, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Doughie99 Face-paint Belt

And the next "opponent" is (in August) Tara Graff who has a fight record of 1-1 and who LOST her last fight and hasn't fought *anyone* in 2 years. So, again, NOT an active fighter, another joke fight for Loureda.

All these women are simply given a sack of cash to lose. They're picked to lose, they lose as requested, they get paid their cash and they go back to being a non-fighter again.

Stick Loureda in UFC in the 125lb weight-class (she IS a 125lb fighter) and she'd get fucking hammered by EVERYONE.

2. Dreyga2000 Always Rooting for the Black Guy

You do realize that Valerie is ALSO a waitress girl too, right?

I would agree with you if Valerie had more fights on her record. Like if she was 7 or 8 wins and was fighting cans then yeah I agree that it was a scam. But Val doesn't have a lot of experience, she has only had TWO FIGHTS in her career. Is it really that crazy that she is fighting girls that aren't that good? She should be fighting women who also don't have that much experience and then GRADUALLY fighting tougher and tougher girls.

It wouldn't make sense to put fighter that's 2-0 in the cage with a girl that's 7-1 for her 3rd fight. She is still learning how to fight.

I don't think I'm shilling at all. At the start of their careers fighters should fight people with similar levels of experience. I believe that is fair.

I agree with you she would get MURDERED in the UFC but that is why it is important for her gain experience before fighting higher level girls.

I feel the perfect metaphor for your post is yelling a metaphor for your post is yelling at a middle school student for being unable to write a PHD level paper. You are demanding too much waaay too soon.

leto1776 and Doughie99 like this.
  3. Rizz Purple Belt

I agree. I have no problem with this matchup. The one where they tried to match her up with a fighter who lost like 12 amateur fights in a row was bad. This matchup is within reason.

4. kimocomplex Silver Belt

i just dont want to hear her post fight interview where she says things like "i am the best" "i want to fight for the belt"
    girl please

Kwinkle Kwink likes this.
  5. Xuh Silver Belt

what about 'call me, kimocomplex', 'you are the best', 'pleeease' ?

6. Doughie99 Face-paint Belt

I do agree, there is no need to give Loureda a 7-1 opponent. Yes, that's not correct at this point.
    But...considering how much Bellator is pumping her up, and considering Loureda is pumping herself up so much as being such a genius at Taekwando (and apparently grossly exaggerating) I would think giving her opponents who are around 3-0 or 3-1 or 4-2 is about right. Bellator have blatantly fed her 2 opponents they KNOW are going to fold and I think it's extremely interesting that NEITHER of Loureda's opponents have ever fought again!!! think about that. None of them have ever fought again.
    Why? Because they are NOT active fighters. They were just 2 girls who were brought off the shelf because they had had one or two "pro" fights before and Bellator hired them to lose. If Dasch or Fletcher were ACTUALLY active fighters they'd have fought again and........................neither has. Because they're not fighters, and they were probably paid handsome backroom bonuses that were not declared, in used non-sequential 20-dollar bills.

no I didn't know Loureda had been a waitress -- I have nothing against waitressing at all, nothing.
    So much for her lie that she was an Olympian. Horseshit.

I just think Bellator should pick ACTIVE fighters that have a CHANCE to win against Loureda. 3-1 or 4-2 is perfectly reasonable.
    Instead they chose 2 girls with losing records who had only ever fought pro once or twice and not for YEARS BEFORE in the case of Fletcher. It's just a massive marketing scam to promote Loureda.

Loureda is no bloody good, that's the long and the short of it.

7. careto Purple Belt

I dont think anybody is claiming she is the next big thing or close to a title match. We all know she is there because of her looks and she is developing her MMA career based on that. She gets paid for her looks and in return people tune in to watch her beat soccer moms. As long as we all understand this, I dont see a problem with it.
    I dont see this being very different than the UFC matching Chimaev to an oversized LW with 0 ground game and fat MW known for a having no take down defense; its all a marketing ploy. The difference here is that Chimaev is very legit and is a true MMA artists, the problem is that he is being fed easy fights to create this invincible smashing macine.

8. blaseblah Steel Belt

They have experience and records, Loureda is 1-0. This is who she's supposed to be fighting.

leto1776 and Dreyga2000 like this.
  9. leto1776 Sherdog Wet Shaver Platinum Member

Gee, it’s almost as if 90% of mma fighters (if not more) can only do it part time.

Also, probably 95% or more of fighters haven’t fought since last year. There is this little thing going on called a worldwide pandemic.

10. Strategery Yellow Card Yellow Card

TKD master, LOL. I haven't seen anything remotely impressive in her kicking game. Must be ITF.

Doughie99 likes this.
  11. Kwinkle Kwink Purple Belt

Maybe your heard wrong,...Maybe She's supposed to be a 'Master' of The Tango"!
    (Cha Cha Cha)
    ;)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  12. Kwinkle Kwink Purple Belt

…And that wasn't in the Ring, it was sitting in the Stands, as a Fan!
    ;)

13. CC27 Gold Belt

She's got like 2 fights doesnt she, who do you expect her to fight? Nothing wrong with feeding her or Danis cans for a few fights. the problem with Bellator outside of Pico is they baby them too long,

14. Xuh Silver Belt

... so there shouldn't be any issue booking her against other fighters who are also no bloody good then?
    Everything is as it should be after all.
    <YeahOKJen>

Doughie99 and Dreyga2000 like this.
  15. kimocomplex Silver Belt

No, thats not believable at all

16. Dreyga2000 Always Rooting for the Black Guy

<PlusJuan>

17. Doughie99 Face-paint Belt

I'd like her to prove that she is, a "Master" as she purports to be, and to do that she needs to be contracted to fight opponents who do not have a losing record, who actually are active fighters, who have fought more often than 4 years previously (re: Colby Fletcher) etc.
    If Loureda and Bellator want any credibility for her, and she is serious about being a credible Mixed-Martial Artist then she herself needs to INSIST that she is booked against better opponents, not this constant stream of fighters that are inactive and have almost never won.

18. Lethal_Striker Silver Belt

I have no problem with that kind of matchmaking if she was fighting in Invicta but not in Bellator who claims to be the second biggest MMA promotion. That's the type of matchmaking you get before you make it to the big show.

Doughie99 likes this.
  19. Rvd Slmr Silver Belt

I fully admit that I'm biased against Loureda because she has been nothing but dishonest about her taekwondo credentials, but you might agree that there's quite a discrepancy between how she talks about being some kind of martial arts genius and her level of opposition and performances in the cage.

Doughie99 likes this.
  20. Dreyga2000 Always Rooting for the Black Guy

LMAO. Bellator has never been the big show. Come on now, people regularly have their first ever pro fight on actual Bellator cards for god’s sake.

It’s a gloried regional promotion where has beens go to retire and young fighters can get some experience before moving onto better things

trentkelp likes this.