Social Louisiana child kicked out of class because parents are same-sex couple

Are you Christian? Your posts confuse me. Don’t think I’ve ever encountered a Christian who didn’t refer to these practices as anything but satanic. How does this all fit in with Christianity? How does energy and kundalini stuff fit in? That was was Hinduism

I am definitely a Christian and I am totally orthodox theologically.

I don't want to get all windy and talk too much as I sometimes do here. But the short answer is that Catholicism at Vatican 2 recognized the good and value in other religions. Paul takes that approach in the acts of the apostles also. Many monks and nuns immediately went to other religions to study and see what they could learn and that included Zen and other forms of Buddhism and Hinduism and other practices as well. There are real differences between other religions and Christianity but there are also many similarities and we found a lot of common ground.

There are certainly practices within shamanism that I cannot do as a Christian but a shamanic journey is not one of them.

Last edited:
@Zazen... you might want to read a book called "bede griffiths" "an introduction to his interspiritual thought." it goes into great detail, the differences and the astounding similarities between hinduism and christianity. he and his group are ones that went to bring christ to india but had the humility to first first sit at the feet of the masters of that tradition and be students until they were enlightened and then they offered christ to those masters and christ was received!!!. the whole endeavor is astounding to me honestly.

as to energy there are millions of degrees of energy and we access them as christians. the orthodox church calls them the uncreated energies. sometimes they are similar to energies accessed by other religions and sometimes they are a bit different in that we are working directly with the personal god and not impersonal forces only. there are known stages and means to traverse them etc.

the energies begin with the holy spirit which can feel impersonal as it is said that the holy spirit hides its personhood so that it can reveal yours to you but the holy spirit pulls us to christ both pre incarnate and post incarnate and those mysteries are revealed and experienced and christ pulls you to the father.... the absolute ground of being. the main thing to note is that it is a profoundly personal experience. it is not one of just experiencing energies but persons who are spirits with energies.

Why do gays seem obsessed with christians? Christian schools, christian cakes...why?

I keep getting flyers, offers, and even a couple of young dudes knocking at my door trying to get me to go join a Baptist church. Steven Anderson's church actually, even though I know they saw my damn Mjölnir chain when I answered the door sharpening one of my daggers.

Steven Lee Anderson is an American preacher and founder of the New Independent Fundamentalist Baptist movement. He is pastor of Faithful Word Baptist Church in Tempe, Arizona. Anderson established Faithful Word as a fundamentalist Independent Baptist church in Tempe, Arizona, on Christmas Day in December 2005 and he remains its pastor. The church describes itself as "an old-fashioned, independent, fundamental, King James Bible–only, soul-winning Baptist church."

Anderson advocates for the death penalty for homosexuals, and prayed for the deaths of former U.S. president Barack Obama and Caitlyn Jenner. As of 2019, Anderson had been banned from more than 30 countries, including every English-speaking developed country other than the United States; and most English-speaking African countries. In September 2016, after he had announced his intention to travel to South Africa, the Minister for Home Affairs banned Anderson and his followers, citing the Constitution of South Africa and stating "I have identified Steven Anderson as an undesirable person to travel to South Africa".

@PrinceOfPain

I still have one of the personally delivered pamphlets. <45>

20220330-175722.jpg

20220330-175511.jpg

I've got Mjölnir tattooed on the inside of one wrist and Odin's horns tattooed on the inside of the other (strength and wisdom, respectively) and I've noticed that the former gets mistaken for a stylised cross quite often. Which does neatly line up with the historical tactics of the faith, in terms of earning converts through incorporation.

It's an interesting discussion, because while I think that trying to rule too much over people's sexual nature is an exercise in futility (especially when homophobia becomes the hill one's decided their faith should die on) I also recognise that - by-and-large - modern Christianity has basically regressed to becoming little more than a bastardised offshoot of Crowley's "do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law", which, completely falls apart without a spiritual/philosophical framework that allows such a statement to be ethical. I think a lot of knee-jerk responses from Christians to changing culture is based on an almost subconscious recognition of that conflict.
"Don't be gay," is not a first principle, and the fact that so many Christians have a problem with homosexuality, to me indicates a hollowing out of genuine values. Maybe more Christians need to appreciate that the value underpinning their homophobia is more related to the power of sacrifice than to sexuality, and that a prideful indulgence of one's own pettiness and bigotry is far more sinful than whatever they think is problematic about homosexuality.

As for us banning Anderson... I'm not usually in favour of banning people from travel to a country, but we have a very, very strong culture of homophobia and the last thing we need is to have a religious extremist coming along, riling people up, and getting people killed. Christianity in Africa is still somewhat malleable (as evidenced by its integration with animism and such in local cultures) and I'd like to think that we can develop a healthier local interpretation of the faith than seems to be common among some circles in North America.

To be honest, I have a similar view with regards to the civil rights movement as a whole, and how it is interpreted locally. There value there, no doubt, but we need a healthier interpretation.

I'm not sure if any of this made sense, lol.

Last edited:
Those are great lyrics

Read Michael Harners book Way of the shaman. I think you'll be surprised at how easy and natural it is to journey and there are so many authentic shamanic drumming tracks on YouTube these days to use. It's the drumming that produces the trance State (even if it's very mild). Sure there are people that can enter a deep trance State when they journey but I only rarely have and yet it has still been a profound practice for me.

When you are down in there and things start to appear that you don't expect, that surprise you and insights start to roll in that you would NEVER have thought in ordinary reality then you know you are onto something. And this can happen with a pretty vague visual experience where things are not clear at all and your left brain might be thinking it's not working.

The point I'm making is that it's just giving you access to another part of your brain that is usually only accessed during dreaming. essentially you learn to dream while awake and interact with your dream mind and it is so powerful.

John Vernaki is a scholar and he did a segment on a specific period of time in human history when our population was down possibly to only dozens of breeding pairs. He said that humanities response was shamanism and that our ability to go into an altered state led to the use of projectile weapons, music and art which allowed us to survive in a global environment decimated by volcanic activity. His entire series called "the crisis of meaning" is worth checking out

In essence he makes the serious case that shamanism saved our species. Can't remember the specific time period offhand that he was speaking of. Maybe the upper neolithic period.......

@Deorum
One thing I find interesting is the observation that African tribal drumming tends to be more complex with more elaborate patterns compared to Amerindian tribal drumming which is quite simple and basic. The theory is that this is because the Amerindians had access to psychedelic drugs and so they didn't need as much to get into that state, whereas Africans didn't have psychedelic drugs, so they needed the music itself to take them there.

Jesus hung around with 12 virile young dudes....lol, if you don't think he really enjoyed their company, if you know what I'm saying (anal).

DO-mcr1UMAAJFsj.jpg

One thing I find interesting is the observation that African tribal drumming tends to be more complex with more elaborate patterns compared to Amerindian tribal drumming which is quite simple and basic. The theory is that this is because the Amerindians had access to psychedelic drugs and so they didn't need as much to get into that state, whereas Africans didn't have psychedelic drugs, so they needed the music itself to take them there.

I'm not sure about this theory on the drumming but I think we may be grouping into one category several different spiritual practices.

Shamanic drumming is a very specific subset of spiritual drumming. It is not always the kind of drumming you find in group ritual but something often done for only one person. But It is found on every single continent on the planet universally. It's a simple rhythm with no changes through the whole period at a speed anywhere between 180 to 220 beats per minute. It's just a steady repetitive beat at that rate used to go into a light to heavy trance state. There is nothing to emphasize any drum strike over and above another, just a repetitive hum of beats.

It is the oldest technique on the planet for gaining access to altered states. The shamanic journey looks for an entrance into the other world, usually a hole in the ground that they travel through to get there.. Once through that hole you are in an altered state and according to shaman in another dimension.

The psychedelic issue is very interesting. My uncle's tribe in Montana tells a story of a shaman from mexico who introduced psychedelics to their tribe but his tribe rejected the use of it as sorcery and thought if it as evil. From what I've heard generally psychedelics are less common in north America than many other regions... I know the Navajo use them but plenty don't and have principled reasons against the use of them.

I have studied with several shaman over the years. one was a woman who is an anthropologist who has been all over the world to study with shaman on nearly every continent on this planet. She told me that only a tiny fraction of the shaman she has ever met have ever used psychedelics. They are not as widespread as popular opinion would suggests within the shamanic world.

In either case though, regular entrance into that world (I think of it more as a state of consciousness than a place) is life changing.

Last edited:
I've got Mjölnir tattooed on the inside of one wrist and Odin's horns tattooed on the inside of the other (strength and wisdom, respectively) and I've noticed that the former gets mistaken for a stylised cross quite often. Which does neatly line up with the historical tactics of the faith, in terms of earning converts through incorporation.

It's an interesting discussion, because while I think that trying to rule too much over people's sexual nature is an exercise in futility (especially when homophobia becomes the hill one's decided their faith should die on) I also recognise that - by-and-large - modern Christianity has basically regressed to becoming little more than a bastardised offshoot of Crowley's "do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law", which, completely falls apart without a spiritual/philosophical framework that allows such a statement to be ethical. I think a lot of knee-jerk responses from Christians to changing culture is based on an almost subconscious recognition of that conflict.
"Don't be gay," is not a first principle, and the fact that so many Christians have a problem with homosexuality, to me indicates a hollowing out of genuine values. Maybe more Christians need to appreciate that the value underpinning their homophobia is more related to the power of sacrifice than to sexuality, and that a prideful indulgence of one's own pettiness and bigotry is far more sinful than whatever they think is problematic about homosexuality.

As for us banning Anderson... I'm not usually in favour of banning people from travel to a country, but we have a very, very strong culture of homophobia and the last thing we need is to have a religious extremist coming along, riling people up, and getting people killed. Christianity in Africa is still somewhat malleable (as evidenced by its integration with animism and such in local cultures) and I'd like to think that we can develop a healthier local interpretation of the faith than seems to be common among some circles in North America.

To be honest, I have a similar view with regards to the civil rights movement as a whole, and how it is interpreted locally. There value there, no doubt, but we need a healthier interpretation.

I'm not sure if any of this made sense, lol.

I really like this post generally on many levels. I think I am part of a Christian community that is very healthy and has retained the deep spiritual transformation that Christ actually taught and kept that at the center of it's practices. But I wonder how you square what you are saying about homosexuality with Peter and Paul's very strong statements against homosexuality? Saying it's not a first principle is absolutely accurate. But that in no way addresses the intensity of the prohibition against homosexuality found in the New Testament and the entire Judaic tradition.

Personally even though it goes against my initial natural inclinations, I have come to see the prohibition against homosexuality as a pretty rock solid concrete part of the tradition that really cannot change if Christianity is to retain its deep spiritual vitality. Although the negative emotional reaction in men who are Christian towards gay people needs a radical and total overhaul as does the aversion that the same men feel towards homosexuals, none of that is necessary or part of the tradition or healthy.

D

they aren’t interested in following Jesus’ message. They are more into the brutal god of the Old Testament and the rapture.

"The reason Jesus forgave his enemies is he knows one day he'll get to look in their eyes and tell them, 'it was ME who sent you to Hell!'"
- Bart Simpson

I'm not sure about this theory on the drumming but I think we may be grouping into one category several different spiritual practices.

Shamanic drumming is a very specific subset of spiritual drumming. It is not always the kind of drumming you find in group ritual but something often done for only on person. But It is found on every single continent on the planet universally. It's a simple rhythm with no changes through the whole period at a speed anywhere between 180 to 220 beats per minute. It's just a steady repetitive beat at that rate used to go into a light to heavy trance state. There is nothing to emphasize any drum strike over and above another, just a repetitive hum of beats.

It is the oldest technique on the planet for gaining access to altered states. The shamanic journey looks for an entrance into the other world, usually a hole in the ground that they travel through to get there.. Once through that hole you are in an altered state and according to shaman in another dimension.

The psychedelic issue is very interesting. My uncle's tribe in Montana tells a story of a shaman from mexico who introduced psychedelics to their tribe but his tribe rejected the use of it as sorcery and though if it as evil. From what I've heard generally psychedelics are less common in north America than many other regions... I know the Navajo use them but plenty don't and have principled reasons against the use of them.

I have studied with several shaman over the years. one was a woman who is an anthropologist who has been all over the world to study with shaman on nearly every continent on this planet. She told me that only a tiny fraction of the shaman she has ever met have ever used psychedelics. They are not as widespread as popular opinion would suggests within the shamanic world.

In either case though, regular entrance into that world (I think of it more as a state of consciousness than a place) is life changing.

Fascinating. There are videos on YouTube that claim to be Shamanic Drumming, but I've never tried one.

Here is a nice example of shamanic drumming. He gives a short intro that is worth hearing but skip to 3:15 if you just want to hear what it's like. It's NOT music.

I'm going to try that later. Thank you.

I'm going to try that later. Thank you.

Wonderfull man!! Darken the room or cover your eyes so there is NO light. Imagine the drum is pushing you along.... Each beat is pushing you along your journey. Don't judge it just allow it to be what it is.

imo a gay couple living a monogamous life can EASILY enter into heaven. but the majority of gay men will not choose to live that life and that is the crux of the problem imo.

Heaven must have an insane male:female ratio then because a lot of heterosexual men do not live monogamous lifestyles.

Back