Louis Taylor out due to injury against Uriah Hall

Sam Oropeza should get this call and it could actually be a test for Hall. Sam has 4 belators wins, recently released and is fighting in Jersey the day before Boston card. Hell he even asked to be released in pursuit of making it to the ufc

He's my pick and he's a potent finisher.
That would actually be a better fight and Sam is scheduled for a fight the day before in Global Proving Ground at 185.

Sam Oropeza is getting a ton of support on twitter, from myself as well, and he's completely down. He's got a fight scheduled for Jan 17th so if he can drop that he's already in shape with 12 finishes in all 12 of his fights. Only reason they wouldn't take him is if they are worried about Uriah losing.
I think it's worth the risk, this is a big card for them. Sam is a fun dude to watch and KO's people just like Hall, so you almost guarantee a fun fight with a likely KO finish. Hope it gets done.

a lot of you are pretty insensitive. Obviously this guy was busting his ass trying to prepare against a scary opponent in Urijiah Hall, and got injured. You guys look at it as he didn't fulfill the end of his bargain, but how do you think he feels right now? He had his dreams of fighting in the UFC just snatched away from him. Another dick move by the UFC. They sign CM punk, dont discipline Jones at all, and cut a guy who his 11-3 before he even fights.

Cowboy will fight twice on that card.

Sam Oropeza is getting a ton of support on twitter, from myself as well, and he's completely down. He's got a fight scheduled for Jan 17th so if he can drop that he's already in shape with 12 finishes in all 12 of his fights. Only reason they wouldn't take him is if they are worried about Uriah losing.

Was just about to post something similar, I hope they make this fight.

I think it's worth the risk, this is a big card for them. Sam is a fun dude to watch and KO's people just like Hall, so you almost guarantee a fun fight with a likely KO finish. Hope it gets done.

I completely agree. Which is why I sent a tweet in support. I don't think I've ever seen the UFC make a matchup based on a twitter campaign though. Remember how big the campaign for Hunt to get a title shot against JDS was? I also think if it comes down to a guy like Chris Fields or Sam, they will put Chris in there to give Hall a highlight. Sam besting Hall in dominate fashion would be great for that night but it takes out a guy who they're trying to build already. I can see why they would avoid it for a safe bet. I say just make the great fight but we will see.

I completely agree. Which is why I sent a tweet in support. I don't think I've ever seen the UFC make a matchup based on a twitter campaign though. Remember how big the campaign for Hunt to get a title shot against JDS was? I also think if it comes down to a guy like Chris Fields or Sam, they will put Chris in there to give Hall a highlight. Sam besting Hall in dominate fashion would be great for that night but it takes out a guy who they're trying to build already. I can see why they would avoid it for a safe bet. I say just make the great fight but we will see.

Twitter campaigned pretty hard for Cummins when he stepped in against DC.

Hall would massacre Samman. Would love to watch that.

Twitter campaigned pretty hard for Cummins when he stepped in against DC.

Let's get all the heavies in on Twitter supporting oropeza. It's a great main card fight and they won't have to pay much to get him in there.

Almost makes too much sense

Josh Samman was a huge MW.
He stand 6'3" and have 79" reach.
This guy is taller than Weidman and have 1" reach over Weidman.

Weidman with 6'2" and 78" reach.

I always hated Samman up until his last fight. Must have been the new hair. And the head kick.

I'm glad he got released...not saying he was faking it, but too many guys get UFC contracts by 'accepting' a last-minute fight, then immediately pulling it, it's fishy. I don't think the majority of them had any intention of taking the fight, they just capitalised on an opportunity to get a UFC contract.

Back