Louis CK

Why is his ex wife black but hiss daughters are both white?

The show is supposed to be the world through his eyes. That is how he sees his ex wife. Not necessarily as a black person. But as that person, specifically. Not everything is supposed to be literal. Like when they are in the therapy session and he walks over, opens the window, and screams. It's more about how he feels than what is actually happening.

Why is his ex wife black but hiss daughters are both white?

I think he said he didn't want to make race an issue. He just wanted the actress who could portray the character and that was it. That was his only concern when casting.

a lot of the actors/actresses in the show are fellow comedians/friends. the black woman is probably someone he knows real well & felt would be perfect for the part.

observe the your surroundings, think of doing something honorable & how you should be rewarded:

we used to do shit like this growing up all the time:

Nyet, maybe repeated from stand up to TV &/or specials but that's about it. Watch the sit down with Seinfeld, Louie, Rock & Gervais. Louie isn't a fan of routines, he specifically states he always purposely goes into sets with fresh new material. I appreciate his approach to comedy, & those 4 exemplify completely different styles. Louie is raw dog.

i absolutely love that sit down that they had. Jerry is totally a louie fan even though their styles couldn't be further apart. felt bad for ricky though

Wow. I made this thread and completely forgot about it, only just remembered I had made it.

Thanks for all the well thought out comments guys. I'll have to give this show more of a watch. The parts of episodes I have seen were either depressing (the ending of what I'm guessing is the Stanhope episode, some old friend is there telling him he's going to kill himself) or disturbing (the creepy dudes following him while he was taking his daughter trick or treating) so I wasn't sure what to make of the show.

If it's not supposed to be a comedy then I need to judge it differently.

The episode when he's doing couples/child therapy and he gets up and yells out the window, yet no one breaks sentence was money. If you can't discern that this is his life through his own lens and has departures from reality without segue, you're missing a lot.

The episode when he's doing couples/child therapy and he gets up and yells out the window, yet no one breaks sentence was money. If you can't discern that this is his life through his own lens and has departures from reality without segue, you're missing a lot.

Yep. I liked the scene where the garbage dudes literally enter his room from the street and start messing up his room.

I love this show, but I understand why some don't; it's a different kind of comedy.

This is going to sound weird, but I wish I could wake up every morning and find a new episode waiting for me; I like the mood I'm in when I finish watching the show.

It's very off kilter. It finds the hilarity in the discomfort of everyday life and counters it with (much more these last two years) with Louie's thoughts playing out amid what's occurring. I enjoy the show immensely. There really isn't anything like it.

Saw a few minutes. Remind me of Curb Your Enthusiasm type humor. I'd probably dig it..

Another great scene.

[Yt]j8UzeF7N9Bc[/MEDIA]

They could not be farther apart honestly. If you go in expecting Curb then you will be VERY disappointed.

Well some of the episodes have that feel I think. Most of them dont, but some of the more self-depricating ones where Louie doesn't know what the fuck to do in a social situation and ends up making the wrong choices end up feeling similar to curb. But yeah, overall the two are completely different for sure.

LOL'd at the part in this week's episode where his friend just started saying "AIDS" over and over while they were out at dinner with a group and trying to have a conversation.

C.K is riding the fact that he's white, fat, and has red hair. He's a goddam clown and everyone knows it.

Pamela Adlon had more comedic value in Lucky Louis.

gotta admit, the last few episodes steered off into a more serious direction which I wasn't too impressed by but last night's episodes fucking came back strong.

so obviously the whole hurricane bit was to loosely depict his experience with Hurricane Sandy.

also, the 2 girls that play his daughters are fucking remarkable actresses. holy shit, at such young ages they're able to marry natural mannerisms/gestures to their lines, they're pretty damned believable & convincing. I always love the banter with them 2 & Louie, like they always keep him grounded.

I love Lily and Jane.

"Misery is wasted on the miserable."

^^ those kids have bright futures.

Back