Louis CK

Tbonetron2.0**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Love this guy's stand up, but what the hell is with his TV shows?

Luck Louie wasn't funny. And "Louie" is somehow even less so -- I don't even know what the hell it's supposed to be. A docu-drama?

Am I wrong and I just don't get the humor? Or is it a comedian trying to be deep?

Luck Louie wasn't funny. And "Louie" is somehow even less so -- I don't even know what the hell it's supposed to be. A docu-drama?

Am I wrong and I just don't get the humor? Or is it a comedian trying to be deep?

I think it's supposed to be really dry humor. I found it entertaining, definitely did not laugh out loud but I enjoyed the first season, lost interest though because it's not really my style of humor.

I love his stand-up. I like the show. It's different. Not must see for me but I watch it on occasion.

I think you ust don't get the humor honestly. I personally think its brilliant. He makes the type of show he likes and I quite enjoy the ride. Same thing I would say about Maron right now.

It's very dry, dark humor. It's focusing on how hilariously abhorrent life can be and sometimes how unaffected Louie is by it. I love the show. Some of it's ridiculous. Some of it is spot on. It's done very well.

He's an overrated hack. Give me Katt Williams any day.

It's nowhere near his stand up for me, but I still enjoy it.

Louie is a great show, why do you feel the need to put it in a neat little category? Some episodes are darker and tackle serious issues, some are more lighthearted and have given me some of the hardest laughs I've ever gotten from a TV show. All in all, it's an original and interesting show that doesn't just spoon feed the viewer the same tired punch lines and resolutions.

I didn't watch much Lucky Louie but I wasn't a big fan of what I did see, he's acknowledged that he didn't have as much control over that show as he does over Louie so that explains the difference between the two.

I love Louie, never saw Lucky Louie.

I admit, it is often not funny at all, but it is often really really real.

I think Louie is great. It isn't a laugh a minute sitcom, but it is a very good show.

The show Louie isn't supposed to be a laugh-a-minute comedy. It's his personal introspection into life. Personally, I think it's the best show on television right now. That show actually makes me feel deep emotions as an individual, something very few shows can accomplish.

For example, the episode "Daddy's Girlfriend" Parts 1 & 2 is amazing from a writing/directing standpoint, simply amazing.

The show is deep because the dude is an amazing person, not because he "trying to be deep".

Agree. The tv show has it's moments but for the most part it fucking sucks. Some of the episodes seemed like a after school special

We stopped taping Louie this season. It used to be a lot funnier, and now it's very dark and mildly depressing.

I liked Lucky Louie and like Louie; though, I don't either of them are that incredibly funny (I don't really think that is what Louis is going for anyways). But I definitely thought "So Did the Fat Lady" was a pretty funny episode. The "bang-bang" scene with Bob Kelley was funny, and the girl who played Vanessa did a great job.

The Breaking Bad fans don't like Louie.

...and another piece of the puzzle falls into place.

The two part arch where he did stand-up in overseas for the troops and the duck that was in his backpack took care of a crazy situation was some of the best stuff I saw on TV that year.

Love his stand up. Have watched every episode of both his shows. Gotta admit, its not really funny. If a comedy doesn't make you laugh or even try to make you laugh, should it still be considered a comedy?

Back