Social Louis CK Returns to Stand-UP

His "comedy" regularly include jokes about rape, child molestation and masturbation. The guy is just another Hollywood lunatic.

Look at this creeper

494245.jpg
He’s a ginger? Well goddamn. He should be burnt just for that.

Wait a second...
You're telling me that it's not ok to jerk off in front of people?
At least he asked, and they agreed.

Didn't rape anyone.
Honestly when this shit came out against him, didn't shock me.
Owned up and said, "yeah i jerked off in front off chicks"

Meh, 2018
Not like he went full Cosby on some chick

He asked and they agreed?
Kinda creepy, but doesn't seem like a big deal.

Is he a creep? Yes.

Do I believe what he did was that bad? Not really. Enduring watching some ugly bastard jack off is not a traumatic event that makes a person a victim.

We've gone from being ruled by shame to seemingly having none at all .

Time article hosted on MSN.

The article is about the negative reactions on social media:

There are some others with additional context, but I'm not sure how to embed a tweet. I'll figure that out for the future.

Personally, his return is fine. I never thought what he did warranted jail time (which apparently not everyone agrees with), so if an audience wants to see him perform then let them buy tickets. It looks like some people feel pretty strongly about this and want him ostracized forever. I think he should just keep doing shows and ignore social media altogether. Maybe he won't be in a position to get another Netflix special or the like, but my guess is he'll always find people who are willing to see him live.

I feel as though he's in a unique position to neuter the social media uproar and still enjoy popular success just by doing local comedy shows.
"This guy’s career has come at the expense of their careers *for years* and he got an ovation before he even opened his mouth, just for going back on stage."

Another reminder for why I despise #metoo, and hold it in such contempt. It seeks to embolden and normalize this deluded, revisionist, untrue mindset. That's precisely what the principal drivers behind the movement really want. Whether or not Louis mistreated women came at ZERO cost to their own careers and success. Suddenly the same people who squeal that politics aren't a zero sum game are enthusiastic purveyors of zero sum logic.

Fuck #metoo.

My theory about #metoo

If it was never on video, it never happened.
This is after all a new movement that was born at the peak of cell phone usage. Now everyone and their mothers can record you and your fathers.

Whether people want to admit it or not, sexual crimes are a spectrum. We can't simply look at everything as equal.

What Louis did was wrong but he's not on the level of a Harvey Weinstein or Bill Cosby, both of whom can rot in hell. But Louis' crimes were much less severe and on a much smaller scale. Unlike Bill and Harvey, Louis owned what he did, apologised for it, and as a society we're going to have to forgive at some point.

Is it right to just say "you made a mistake, now you no can no longer live and make a living in our society, you might as well just kill yourself"? That doesn't seem right to me.

Whether people want to admit it or not, sexual crimes are a spectrum. We can't simply look at everything as equal.

What Louis did was wrong but he's not on the level of a Harvey Weinstein or Bill Cosby, both of whom can rot in hell. But Louis' crimes were much less severe and on a much smaller scale. Unlike Bill and Harvey, Louis owned what he did, apologised for it, and as a society we're going to have to forgive at some point.

Is it right to just say "you made a mistake, now you no can no longer live and make a living in our society, you might as well just kill yourself"? That doesn't seem right to me.
LOL, “crimes”. :rolleyes:

People need to be more precise about their indictments rather than conflating everything together into "rapists."

Louis CK is a perv. Oh no. Who could have guessed? The dude makes jokes about it in every single one of his productions.

I know what people are doing. They're grouping everything together into the worst possible light in order to eliminate any undesirable behavior. But that's not what's going to happen.

What's going to happen is people will care less and less whenever someone cries wolf, because you haven't made any kind of distinction between someone like Harvey Winestein and someone like Louis CK.

When you do stuff like this, words lose meaning. And if words are without meaning people stop listening. And then people who are actually sexually abused will get hurt and no one will believe or listen to them.

He is getting raped on Twitter like a good cuck. Michael Ian Black tried defending him, got roasted, went back on his position and apologized and is now donating to me too. lol at weak men.

<Lmaoo>

Last edited:
People need to be more precise about their indictments rather than conflating everything together into "rapists."

Louis CK is a perv. Oh no. Who could have guessed? The dude makes jokes about it in every single one of his productions.

I know what people are doing. They're grouping everything together into the worst possible light in order to eliminate any undesirable behavior. But that's not what's going to happen.

What's going to happen is people will care less and less whenever someone cries wolf, because you haven't made any kind of distinction between someone like Harvey Winestein and someone like Louis CK.

When you do stuff like this, words lose meaning. And if words are without meaning people stop listening. And then people who are actually sexually abused will get hurt and no one will believe or listen to them.

Imagine you worked in a bank or some office and a person in power was always jerking off in front of people and that sort of thing. He wouldn't get his job back.

Einstein over here "finally" figured out it's wrong to expose yourself to subordinates, something a lot of his die hard fans weren't able to admit.

If exposing yourself to subordinates is wrong @Fawlty doesn't want to be right.

Imagine you worked in a bank or some office and a person in power was always jerking off in front of people and that sort of thing. He wouldn't get his job back.

Yea it’s only in the entertainment industry that you can get away with this shit.

He asked and they agreed?
Kinda creepy, but doesn't seem like a big deal.

Whenever I've listened to female comedians on Rogan's podcast, I get the sense that they're also creepy pervs, just relatively good-looking compared to the Louis CK's of the world.

Those circles tend to be a lot more "sexually liberated" than the normal human environments.

I can't really speak as to what is regarded normal behaviour there, or not. People who find jokes about pedophilia and killing babies funny, might also find a dude awkwardly jacking off funny.

Louis CK SHOULD have the right to make a living regardless of what the "Me Too" movement thinks or does.

These women are fucking cry babies. I’m a drummer and I’d love to get signed. But if David Geffen asks me if he can jerk off in front of me I still have the ability to say no. He may be less likely to sign me, but my career isn’t fucking ruined, if my band is talented I can always find shows somewhere. Louis committed no fucking crime. These crybaby wenches need to grow and stfu

Back