Lou Duva Movie

TheRatman

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
It looks like they are going to mak a movie about Lou Duva.

24b1dme.jpg

Biopic on Boxing Legend Announced

Updated Thursday, February 18, 2010

USA Today is reporting that Producer John Edmonds Kozma (Nick Cassavetes' "Kentucky Rhapsody") has plans to turn the life of legendary boxing trainer and promoter Lou Duva into a feature film.

"We've seen a lot of great films about fighters in the past," says Kozma. "Whether about real-life legends like Jake LaMotta or Muhammed Ali, or fictional characters like Rocky Balboa, Hollywood has always focused on the guy in the ring. I thought it would be a great slant on the genre if we told the story through the eyes of someone who lived through it, and observed it from outside the ring, for nearly 80 years. Lou's literally a walking history book...and has a million colorful tales to tell."

Duva, now 87, began his boxing career as an amateur fighter in 1932 at the age of ten before turning his attention to the training and promotional aspects of the sport.

Over the span of the next eight decades, Duva would go on to promote such groundbreaking bouts as Sugar Ray Leonard/Tommy Hearns I (at the time the most successful non-heavyweight fight in history, grossing more than $40 million) and handle the career development of such giants as Evander Holyfield, Lennox Lewis, Hector "Macho" Camacho, and Pernell Whitaker. He also ran with such show biz icons as Frank Sinatra and Sammy Davis Jr.

On board with the Duva biopic as well is Producer Richard O'Sullivan ("The Teacher," "One Night With You") with noted playwright and boxing historian Daniel Chernau scripting.

Lost Colony Entertainment

How many of yall remember when Roger punched Lou after the fight with Vinnie Paz.

Skip to the 4:40 mark

^^haha i'd never seen that before, Duva's ass got dropped.

roger mayweather in his prime fought just like floyd jr does today with the way he uses the shoulder roll and lands the right hand. Not as good as Floyd tho obviously.

Back