lots of squats and lots of milk

Dude that "Squats & Milk: GOMAD" workout is supposed to be the tits!!!! I'm actually purchasing a squat cage and weights so I can hit it at my house...

They say that this routine is the ULIMATE muscle strength and volumizing workout ever created!!! Its old school, real old school.... I don't lift weights much anymore, but I plan on hittin this up, just to see how well it really works out...

It's working out well for me so far. Weighed myself after saturday grappling two days ago and i was at a dehydrated 185, up from a dehydrated 170-175ish. Not sure how much of it is fat, but if anything it looks like my gut has gotten smaller, so meh. Hopefully that just means my back is getting proportionately wider, lol. My legs definitely feel a little thicker. I've been on it for just about a month now and i basically hit my goal of gaining close to 10 lbs, although i can't be too sure, i mightve been more dehydrated at the second weighing, i was also drinking quite a bit the night before. I should've taken before and after pics. At the end of this week i'm going to decide if i'm switching back to a regular 5x5 or gutting it out until i hit my starting bw for 20. (only 30 more lbs! :icon_sad:) Definitely gonna keep up the GOMAD for another month either way.

Eating this much food (especially downing a GOMAD,) was hard at first but you adapt pretty quick. I've been putting down 4000+calories daily. There's this free website fitday.com that you should check out, makes it easy to track your intake. I'd advise only doing a half gallon or so the first couple days though.

wed 9/29
squat 1x20@150
decline situps 1x20, 1x15 @ 35
dips 1x17, 1x13(-60lbs)
pullups 1x13, 1x6(-60lbs)

monday, 10/4
squats: 5x5 @ 155
overhead press: 5x5 @ 60
deadlift: 1x5 @ 135 lbs
pullups: 1x13 @ bw, 1x11 @-60 lbs
decline situps: 2x12 @ 35 lbs

So i said fuck it and just switched back to the stronglifts 5x5, obviously. Yes i know the deadlift and OHP are low, i haven't done either in forever so i figured i'd start small.

Now squatting BJ penn! :icon_chee

wednesday, 10/6
squats: 5x5 @ 160
bench: 5x5 @ 95
inverted rows: 3x12 @ bw
dips : 3x12 @ bw

The stronglifts workout B went well. Started fairly low on the bench again because i haven't done that lift in forever. Anyway know how to add weight to inverted rows? That was waaay too easy. Plate on my chest?

mon 10/11
squats: 5x5 @ 165
OHP: 5X5 @ 80
deadlift 1x5 @ 145
pullups 1x12 @ bw, 1x10 @ bw-60
dips: 1x12 @ bw, 1x12 @ bw -60

As you can see i got the workout slightly mixed up. (Was supposed to do weighted decline situps today isntead of the dips.) Also i forgot the third chinup/dip set for some reason? Workout went well otherwise.

wed 10/13
squats: 5x5@170
bench: 5x5@100
decline situps: 2x12@ 40, 1x9@40

Didn't do the inverted rows, mostly because the spot i usually do them in is occupied, and i had studying to do. Meh.

Now squatting dehydrated GSP! :icon_chee

mon10/18
squats: 5x5 @ 175
OHP: 5x5 @ 90
Deadlift: 1x5 @ 155
decline situps: 3x12 @ 35

CURL MONKEYS EVERYWHERE, LOL. There were at least 8 guys in the weight section of my gym today doing curls, and 4 more benching and doing chest flies. My gym is retarded. At least there were two dudes doing deadlifts and another guy doing squats.

Squats were great today, i feel like my form magically improved overnight. This certain sticking point i usually have didn't both me at all. Had to drop 5 pounds on the situps because the damn 45 lb weights were taken. Although now i realize i couldve just grabbed a plate. Oh well, i'll jump up 10 next week.

wed 10/20
squats 5x5 @ 180
bench 5x5 @ 105
dips : 3x12 @ bw (4 cheat reps on the last set)
inverted row 3x12 @ bw

haven't weighed myself in a while, but i'm getting close to my bodyweight; i'll probably hit it next week. Should probably start adding weight on the bw exercises but i'm waiting until i can get that last set of dips in without cheating.

mon 10/25
squats: 5x5@ 185
OHP 5x5 @ 95
deadlift: 1x5 @ 165
decline situps: 3x12 @ 50

So i tried out high-bar style squats today and loved it, i think i'm gonna make the switch. Didn't get the tightness in my lower back, it was easier to go deep even with my feet the same distance apart, seemed easier to put my glutes into it, my technique just seemed better all around. I know low bar is reccomended in the 5x5 programs because of the added emphasis on the posterior chain, but i'm doing deads anyway. Getting those teardrop things on my quads would also be cool.

wed 10/27
squats: 5x5 @ 190
bench: 5x5@ 110
dips: 3x12

mon 11/1
squats: 3x5@200
OHP : 5x5 @ 110
deadlift: 3x5 @ 175

So i didn't look at my numbers in this log and ended up lifting slightly more than i was supposed to. Upped it 15 pounds on the OHP, lol. I was still slightly hungover from Halloween and started getting super lightheaded after the 3rd set of squats, so i figured it was probably wise to stop there and not pass out with 200 lbs on my back. I made up for it with two extra sets of DL's, but didn't do the assistance lifts either.

Felt like shit and still set a new PR!:icon_chee

mon 11/15

Squats: 3x5@ 200
OHP: 5x5 @ 110
Deads: 3x5 @ 195

Kettlebell complex (2:1 work rest ratio):
One hand swing:3x8
One hand clean:3x8
(Includes both sides)

So yeah, i've been neglecting this log. Missed all of last week's workouts, school is getting crazy. My numbers stayed the same except for Deadlift, which i upped by 20 lbs, mostly because i forgot my previous number, lol. I tried for 115 on the OHP and couldn't do it with good form so i knocked 5 lbs off. Also added a quick kettlebell complex to the end to keep my cardio up and hopefully burn some extra fat. Planning on adding the snatch to it if i can get one of the trainers to teach me how.

Wed 11/17

Squats: 5x5 @ 155, 185, 190, 195, 205.
Bench: 5x5 @ 140

Kettlebell complex (35 lbs, 2:1 work/rest ratio):
One hand swings: 3x8
One hand Cleans: 3x8

As you can see i've modified my program slightly. Knocked two sets of squats off my monday workout so i can add two sets of deadlifts, and changed the wednesday squats to a pyramid style, as recommended in a different 5x5. Bill star's i think?

Back