Lots of Ranked LW's With No Bookings in Sight

If RDA is coming down, just book him vs Islam. He is used to murderer's row.

absolutely. He’s still a quality win for people outside the top 5. A win over tony should likely punch their ticket. As far as Khabib or Gaethje, he’s two fights away.

He's one fight away from a TS. Actually I bet if GSP isn't ready and Khabib beats Gaethje, he'll consider Tony the next rightful contender regardless.

It would be more interesting than Khabib vs Dustin 2 or vs Conor 2 or Hooker, Oliveira etc.

Cowboy went to 155 a while back, and fought once at 170 for Conor. He hasnt announced moving back to 170 that I'm aware?

Again... Cerrone is not a welterweight. He and Conor simply agreed to forgo the formality of cutting to 155lbs. Both were in the cage at what they typically would be in the cage at for a 155lbs fight (roughly 170-175lbs).

I'm down for a Tony-Hooker fight. I think having Tony fight Poirier right now is just too much. Tony needs something just a little bit easier after coming off that Gaethje fight.

He's one fight away from a TS. Actually I bet if GSP isn't ready and Khabib beats Gaethje, he'll consider Tony the next rightful contender regardless.

It would be more interesting than Khabib vs Dustin 2 or vs Conor 2 or Hooker, Oliveira etc.

not more interesting than Oliveira.

I think what makes sense for Islam is Kevin Lee but unfortunately he will be out till next year so I heard that Islam is fighting at UFC 254 he should fight either AL laquinta or Drew Dober
Iaquinta would be an easy fight for Islam. IDK how the hell he is ranked #9 but Islam should take his lunch money and ranking.

I'm down for a Tony-Hooker fight. I think having Tony fight Poirier right now is just too much. Tony needs something just a little bit easier after coming off that Gaethje fight.

What has hooker done to deserve Tony? Yeah if Tony wants an easier fight in Hooker sure, but he doesn't

Yes it's more interesting than the guy who lost to Felder

No, it’s not. Khabib looks invincible and tony looked liked a fucking bum last fight. Got completely blown out in devasting fashion. Carving up has beens provides a nice highlight reel but he proved he’s miles behind the best in the division. You don’t get your shit pushed that badly and claim to be one fight outside of contention. He doesn’t belong in there with Gaethje or Khabib. Dustin likely beats the breaks off him too

What has hooker done to deserve Tony? Yeah if Tony wants an easier fight in Hooker sure, but he doesn't
Hooker's #5 at LW and Tony is at #3. Both coming off losses. Why not? It's violence for sure.

Hooker's #5 at LW and Tony is at #3. Both coming off losses. Why not? It's violence for sure.

Like I said if Tony wants it, sure. Tony asked for other opponents in his last interview though. Dan is overrated at #5.

Also Dan coming off a loss and a split decision win before that shouldn't expect to fight up the rankings.

Last edited:
This should clear the cluster while Khabib & Justin fight, FKL recovers and Felder & Conor stay retired or continue as drama queens.

Dustin vs Tony
Islam vs Oliveira
CDF vs Hooker
Dober vs Gregor
Dariush vs Iaquinta
RDA vs Cowboy

remember what happened to a hot MW division (when Bisping luckily became champ and decided he wouldn't fight anyone from his own division)?
Top contenders fought among themselves and ALL of them lost fights.
So LW fighters took notice.

And while Khabib and Justin decided who's the champion, no one wants to take a risky fight and lose... especially if they keep hearing from Dana that Conor is next.

Back