Lost my girlfriend

I'm terribly sorry about this TS. Have you talked with her family? I know it's a hard one but you should give them a call. Even if just to cry together. Where is she from? I'm guessing they are very poor since her mom is not flying to America. I can't imagine her pain.

I thought this was gonna be a thread about some cuck getting cheated on and dumped.

I'm sorry to hear man. Don't know what to say without sounding like some cliche. Ignore the idiot keyboard warriors here, don't let 'em get to you.

That's just a tough deal all the way around. Sorry bro

I hope things start to get better for you

If this story is actually true then get your ass to the hospital to be there for and with her right now. It doesn't matter if "she's not aware". It's for support and you never know if she actually is aware. Don't be selfish. You'll end up regretting it also later.

That was tough to read. Im sorry man. Im kinda weird like that but dont ever really lose hope, who knows, body has amazing healing ability. Though.....yea I know, in this scenario....
And I understand the rage against doctors, have had my share of their (very,very bad)mistakes,personal and family. Once you look into it and see statistically how bad it is...sad. I think its 3rd now as the most common cause of death,behind cardiovascular and the C word. I mean just imagine that. Doctors kill so many people its 3rd on the list. Unfathomable.Egomanicas and their negligence. But it will do you no good to focus on anger now,its done. Maybe tell the doc hes a useless POS but other than that let it go.
Take care man.

How long had you both been together?
Its literally the first part of the first sentence on the first page of his OP.

Last edited:
Edit: if you're talking about me not being at the hospital right now, she would not be aware if I was there. There is nothing I can do for her. The nurse told me her brain sustained a lot of trauma and she will probably die in the next 24 hours. I visited her every day, including today, except when they transferred her and the new hospital had more limited visiting hours and I didn't find out until after visitation was over.

My girlfriend since January got a brain clot last week. We spent the night together and had planned to spend the following day together. In the morning, I took her to meet her friend so she could open a bank account and she was complaining of weakness in her right side because she could barely sign her name.

Her friend volunteered to take her to a massage place to work it out so I told her I'd call her later. Her friend later tells me that my gf got worse so she took her to the hospital. I went to see her and she couldn't move the right side of her body and was tired and grumpy. She was still responsive though and even laughed at some jokes.

The nurses kep waking her up over and over again every 30-90 minutes. They never let her sleep while they did tests on her and fed her drugs that were supposed to help with the brain clot.

Everything was ok for a few days. We were talking about doing rehab to help her regain control and the nurse was optimistic because she is young and healthy.

Then they transfer her to a different hospital and some surgeon made the decision (with the permission of her friend because she has no family in the US; she only had her friend and I) to operate on her which screwed her up. She has significant brain damage and may die. I hate doctors. I told her friend not to trust them. If she had just been allowed to rest then she would be ok. She was much better before the operation.

She will never be the same if she lives. I'm very again marriage and having kids because it's such a liability in the US but I was really starting to believe that she was different. She didn't act like other women. She proved herself to have high moral character many times while we were together.

She wanted to have a family and I was ready to do it with her. I trusted her and loved her. We talked about it and agreed that she should stop taking birth control the night before she had the blood clot.

The nurse said that the oral contraceptives probably contributed to her having the blood clot.

I wasn't prepared to see her like that yesterday when I visited. They removed half her skull. I barely recognized her. I want to kill the surgeon but won't. Fucking hack. She was getting better until they did this too her. People always believe doctors but so much of modern medicine is shit. If she wasn't taking birth control that a doctor prescribed this never would have happened.

Last year I got sick and had a major flare up from my psoriatic arthritis. Doctors did nothing for me. They were completely useless. They wanted to prescribe expensive drugs with horrible side effects. I did my own research, changed my diet and fixed myself.

I'm venting about healthcare because I'm upset about the loss but it is a major problem.

Nothing is going to make her the way she was though and I can hardly breathe. I don't want to eat. I keep almost crying but I'm still numb. I can't believe that I can't see her the way she was. I want to text her. The last thing she texted was that she loves me. I miss her. Don't know what to do. This hurts.
I am so sorry to hear that :(

Strength to you both and hoping for the best

Its literally the first part of the first sentence on the first page of his OP.

lol. Must have jumped some words when I'm reading. Anyways..a girlfriend of 5 months huh? OP..it will take 10 months max to get over her, be strong

sorry to hear about this

Edit: if you're talking about me not being at the hospital right now, she would not be aware if I was there. There is nothing I can do for her. The nurse told me her brain sustained a lot of trauma and she will probably die in the next 24 hours. I visited her every day, including today, except when they transferred her and the new hospital had more limited visiting hours and I didn't find out until after visitation was over.

My girlfriend since January got a brain clot last week. We spent the night together and had planned to spend the following day together. In the morning, I took her to meet her friend so she could open a bank account and she was complaining of weakness in her right side because she could barely sign her name.

Her friend volunteered to take her to a massage place to work it out so I told her I'd call her later. Her friend later tells me that my gf got worse so she took her to the hospital. I went to see her and she couldn't move the right side of her body and was tired and grumpy. She was still responsive though and even laughed at some jokes.

The nurses kep waking her up over and over again every 30-90 minutes. They never let her sleep while they did tests on her and fed her drugs that were supposed to help with the brain clot.

Everything was ok for a few days. We were talking about doing rehab to help her regain control and the nurse was optimistic because she is young and healthy.

Then they transfer her to a different hospital and some surgeon made the decision (with the permission of her friend because she has no family in the US; she only had her friend and I) to operate on her which screwed her up. She has significant brain damage and may die. I hate doctors. I told her friend not to trust them. If she had just been allowed to rest then she would be ok. She was much better before the operation.

She will never be the same if she lives. I'm very again marriage and having kids because it's such a liability in the US but I was really starting to believe that she was different. She didn't act like other women. She proved herself to have high moral character many times while we were together.

She wanted to have a family and I was ready to do it with her. I trusted her and loved her. We talked about it and agreed that she should stop taking birth control the night before she had the blood clot.

The nurse said that the oral contraceptives probably contributed to her having the blood clot.

I wasn't prepared to see her like that yesterday when I visited. They removed half her skull. I barely recognized her. I want to kill the surgeon but won't. Fucking hack. She was getting better until they did this too her. People always believe doctors but so much of modern medicine is shit. If she wasn't taking birth control that a doctor prescribed this never would have happened.

Last year I got sick and had a major flare up from my psoriatic arthritis. Doctors did nothing for me. They were completely useless. They wanted to prescribe expensive drugs with horrible side effects. I did my own research, changed my diet and fixed myself.

I'm venting about healthcare because I'm upset about the loss but it is a major problem.

Nothing is going to make her the way she was though and I can hardly breathe. I don't want to eat. I keep almost crying but I'm still numb. I can't believe that I can't see her the way she was. I want to text her. The last thing she texted was that she loves me. I miss her. Don't know what to do. This hurts.
Damn.

well damn.

im sorry. I mean.

god damn.

I don't even know what to say. I'm so fucking sorry, man.

We're all here for you, brother.

Damn. Sorry to hear that. Prayers are with you

Come on boys... lettuce stay focused on what’s important here and not turn this into a pissing contest.

I don't really know what to say either other than I'm very very sorry. This is just an absolutely terrible situation. I think the best cliche I can offer at this point is the ol "hope for the best but expect the worst" adage. I admire your courage. Stay strong.

You have support on this forum and many of the people here genuinely care. Others maybe not so much, but do your best to ignore them.

normally I'd say you need to be there for her, but from what you're saying all you're going to do is torment yourself. Sorry to hear about this, and really sorry you're going through it. I've had similar situations with three people. I went and visited one of them and it was just depressing, you don't know what to do, you feel helpless and at some point you create justifications over the simplest thing like a finger twitching or a tear coming down their face, you know it's just an autonomic reflexive response but you start seeing everything like that as a miracle. It might sound selfish but spare yourself that pain and torment, all it will do is mess with your head. If she is as bad off as you're being told you might want to just go say your last goodbyes, but anything more than that is just torturing yourself.

Good luck

Fuck dude... I'm siting here lamenting fucking shit up with two different girls in my life in one day and this story just makes my problems seem so stupid. Sorry for your loss.

I'm very sorry to hear this. Remember that their are thousands of stories were doctors and medicine save people. I understand you're upset about healthcare but to say doctors are ignorant and not wanting to help people is wrong.

Sometimes bad things happened no matter what. I know it's hard to grasp.

My aunt died a few years ago from cancer in the bone marrow. She got diagnosed and then past week later.... she was only 40yrs old. Doctors tried their best but you can't save everyone.

Remember they are people and have to live with memories of patients they couldn't save.

Holy shit <mma1><mma1><mma1>

Sorry to hear that. Stay strong sherbro <3

Back