losing with creatine

dkaki

White Belt
Reaction score
hey guys! im weigh about 210 lbs...im trying to cut down to 170... and im taking creatine... yes i know it sounds stupid... but if it increases muscle endurance thru water retention...wouldnt it make me train harder? meaning losing more fat?

my diet is sumthn like this....

breakfast 7 : 00 am - 2 eggs and a cup of rice

snack 11:00 am - a peanut butter sandwich

lunch 1:00 pm - a cup of rice and some meat

snack 4: 00 pm - a fist of trailmix

4:30 - 8:00 pm <-- training time ...

dinner 8:30 pm - whey protein with creatine...

and thats it.. is there anything wrong with this diet? or any tips? would i be able to drop to 170 by december? i really dont get cravings...so im just trying to get a diet that works

Tips?
* Eat your vegetables.
* Bacon goes with eggs, not rice.

And what exactly are your goals? Is this your current diet that has you at 210 and by posting it you hope to cut to 170? Or is this your planned diet and you want help planning better?

How basic do you want it to be?

Tips?
* Eat your vegetables.
* Bacon goes with eggs, not rice.

And what exactly are your goals? Is this your current diet that has you at 210 and by posting it you hope to cut to 170? Or is this your planned diet and you want help planning better?

How basic do you want it to be?

o yeah! forgot bout the veggies....

my goals? im 210 right now and im trying to cut to 170...thats my planned diet ...if you have suggestions to make it better then please :)

How much protein do you get out of your diet?
If you're exercising daily (and I assume you are) I'd recommend at least 130-140* grams per day so that the weight you lose isn't muscle.

Also, are you telling me you don't eat food at all after working out? I'd tone it down with the supplements and eat food.

*The exact number depends on your lean mass and how much/hard you exercise.

Also, creatine helps with weight training, not endurance training. It might give you a few extra reps but it won't help you when you're running.

Anyway, no huge significance either way.

o yeah! forgot bout the veggies....

my goals? im 210 right now and im trying to cut to 170...thats my planned diet ...if you have suggestions to make it better then please :)

What was your diet before this plan?

i would take the rice out of breakfast and do bacon or turkey sausage instead
make the pb&j open face so you get 1 less slice of bread
for dinner eat some meat, veggies, and either potato, pasta, or rice

try to do wheat for the bread and pasta when possible, and brown rice instead of white

avoid high fructose corn syrup and other added sugars in your ingredients. avoid partially hydrogenated anything. in your whey protein avoid artificial sweeteners such as sucralose and additives such as maltodextrin.

creatine won't hurt, you should be cycling it anyway so you can kick up the cardio between loading periods. don't expect big results for the first month or 2. it takes time for your metabolism to speed up and for the diet to make a big impact, but once it does you'll shed the pounds real quick. good luck.

What is your body composition like? That's would be important to know. If you are a whale, then that's fine, but to lose 40 lbs, that is quite a bit if you're not somewhat obese. Why did you choose 170? Are you competing at something and need to get to that weight? If weight is not important, then forget about it. It's more important how you look then how much you weigh.

i would take the rice out of breakfast and do bacon or turkey sausage instead
make the pb&j open face so you get 1 less slice of bread
for dinner eat some meat, veggies, and either potato, pasta, or rice.
Stay away from those useless carb sources.

Instead, get your carbs (and fiber, vitamins and minerals) from fruits and vegetables.

hey guys! im weigh about 210 lbs...im trying to cut down to 170... and im taking creatine... yes i know it sounds stupid... but if it increases muscle endurance thru water retention...wouldnt it make me train harder? meaning losing more fat?

my diet is sumthn like this....

breakfast 7 : 00 am - 2 eggs and a cup of rice

snack 11:00 am - a peanut butter sandwich

lunch 1:00 pm - a cup of rice and some meat

snack 4: 00 pm - a fist of trailmix

4:30 - 8:00 pm <-- training time ...

dinner 8:30 pm - whey protein with creatine...

and thats it.. is there anything wrong with this diet? or any tips? would i be able to drop to 170 by december? i really dont get cravings...so im just trying to get a diet that works

I am no guru but heres some suggestions.

breakfast 7 : 00 am - 2 eggs and a cup of rice <- Forget the rice & eggs (keep the eggs for later), have some oats

snack 11:00 am - a peanut butter sandwich <- Find something healthier Peanut butter is full of fat, I usually have an omelette made from vegetables and 4-6 eggs around this time but I only consume 1 yolk, I have mine around 10am

lunch 1:00 pm - a cup of rice and some meat <- If you must have Rice Use Brown Rice, For meat go with chicken breast or fish.

snack 4: 00 pm - a fist of trailmix <- you could mix this up and have a piece of fruit instead, apple or bannana

3.5 hours of training ? what are you doing for all that time ?

Dont use any butter, oil etc in your cooking. Stay away from Bread if you can, if not only eat wholegrain breads. Stay away from as much Dairy as possible. Forget shit like sugar, soda/soft drinks and pretty mcuh anything sweet that is not a fruit or vegetable.

If you eat plenty of fresh fruit & vegetables you will likely find you dont need bread & rice for your carbohydrates at all. Ultimately stay away from Hi GI foods and forget crap like potoatoe, pasta, whitebread etc.

Remember for every bit of fat and extra carb you dont consume the better off your going to be when trying to meet your target.

Don't replace the rice with bacon. If you want protein eat beans instead. You will lose weight faster eating plain white or brown rice.

Creatine helps you lose fat dummypants....

You sure your not confusing creatine for carnitine ?

Creatine - In a nutshell helps supplies energy to muscles.

Carnitine - In a nutshell helps with the breakdown of fats at a cellular level.

creatine won't hurt, you should be cycling it anyway so you can kick up the cardio between loading periods.

This should read: Creatine won't hurt. You don't need to load or cycle it. It works through saturation so don't worry about it.

TS: Don't listen to some of the crap posted in here. I've lost 25 pounds and I eat stuff like bacon, peanut butter, fry ALL my food in butter and even have a cheat day or two a week. I also eat bread whenever I feel like it. There's no doubt you can make healthier choices like adding the veggies and dumping the rice sugar, excess bread etc, but there's nothing wrong with having a few slices of bacon with your eggs, or a tablespoon or two of peanut butter. All you have to remember is calories in vs calories out. You're physically active enough to eat stuff like bacon. It's processed crap like pizza, beer if you drink it and boxed anything that will make you pack on the pounds fast if you eat a lot of it because you don't get a lot for the amount of calories that stuff is. As long as most of your choices are healthy, your diet can certainly include stuff like bacon, PB and butter. Healthy fats are necessary in one's diet.

How much protein do you get out of your diet?
If you're exercising daily (and I assume you are) I'd recommend at least 130-140* grams per day so that the weight you lose isn't muscle.

Also, are you telling me you don't eat food at all after working out? I'd tone it down with the supplements and eat food.

*The exact number depends on your lean mass and how much/hard you exercise.

yeah i exercise daily....mwf nights i train muay thai and a bit of circuit weight training.... then on tth and s i train Bjj... yeah i dont eat food after training anymore...but i sometimes eat oatmeal with peanut butter

What is your body composition like? That's would be important to know. If you are a whale, then that's fine, but to lose 40 lbs, that is quite a bit if you're not somewhat obese. Why did you choose 170? Are you competing at something and need to get to that weight? If weight is not important, then forget about it. It's more important how you look then how much you weigh.

im about 18% fat....im trying to lose it for competition purposes :) i chose 170 coz of my height....a lot of the competitors in 210 are way taller than me...

I am no guru but heres some suggestions.

breakfast 7 : 00 am - 2 eggs and a cup of rice <- Forget the rice & eggs (keep the eggs for later), have some oats

snack 11:00 am - a peanut butter sandwich <- Find something healthier Peanut butter is full of fat, I usually have an omelette made from vegetables and 4-6 eggs around this time but I only consume 1 yolk, I have mine around 10am

lunch 1:00 pm - a cup of rice and some meat <- If you must have Rice Use Brown Rice, For meat go with chicken breast or fish.

snack 4: 00 pm - a fist of trailmix <- you could mix this up and have a piece of fruit instead, apple or bannana

3.5 hours of training ? what are you doing for all that time ?

Dont use any butter, oil etc in your cooking. Stay away from Bread if you can, if not only eat wholegrain breads. Stay away from as much Dairy as possible. Forget shit like sugar, soda/soft drinks and pretty mcuh anything sweet that is not a fruit or vegetable.

If you eat plenty of fresh fruit & vegetables you will likely find you dont need bread & rice for your carbohydrates at all. Ultimately stay away from Hi GI foods and forget crap like potoatoe, pasta, whitebread etc.

Remember for every bit of fat and extra carb you dont consume the better off your going to be when trying to meet your target.

3.5 hrs of training...mwf 2 hrs muay thai...and 1 and 1.5 hrs weight training....tths jujitsu.... i really love ur suggestions..however i find it hard to follow because im still in college and my time wont allow me to prepare the food that uve recomended...i really appreciate it tho

3.5 hrs of training...mwf 2 hrs muay thai...and 1 and 1.5 hrs weight training....tths jujitsu.... i really love ur suggestions..however i find it hard to follow because im still in college and my time wont allow me to prepare the food that uve recomended...i really appreciate it tho

The prep time on the food he listed is next to none. You have the time, stop being lazy about proper dieting.

if it increases muscle endurance thru water retention...wouldnt it make me train harder

Water retention can be minimized through actually taking in sufficient amounts of water. The purpose of creatine isn't to just put water on your muscles.

Back