Losing Major weight & Syntha 6

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by TigerDaniels, Aug 8, 2010.

1. TigerDaniels

TigerDaniels White Belt

alright my coach wants me to drop major weight. and i weigh 170 and he wants me at 130 im alright with doing this. but in the end result from losing all that weight will i have flabby skin and how can i avoid this..? and also does syntha 6 make you gain weight as in fat? thanks- Tiger

2. Origins

Origins Blue Belt

1. By what date do you need to weigh 130 lbs? Unless you are seriously skinny-fat, you are going to lose a lot of strength. Are you prepared for this?

2. Weren't you the guy who started the thread about BSN supplements like a week ago?

3. TigerDaniels

TigerDaniels White Belt

It as soon as possible so i can get use to training and fighting at that weight.
    I dont know what you mean by skinny-fat? I do have muscle but its covered with fat and just to add im 5'8

and yes the thread about endoburn

4. Origins

Origins Blue Belt

Skinny-fat means that you are weak and small but also fat. I don't understand why the fuck you would want to weigh 130 pounds at 5'8", but I suppose that is between you and your coach. You need to be prepared for the amount of strength you will lose if you decide to do this.

5. TigerDaniels

TigerDaniels White Belt

oh ive always been strong. but i guess ill have to build it back up.. so if i lose all that weight will i be flabby? and oh yeah does syntha 6 make you gain fat?

6. rubberducky27

rubberducky27 Yellow Belt

Excess calories will make you gain fat. I think Syntha 6 is 200 per scoop from memory...

7. TigerDaniels

TigerDaniels White Belt

so dont take syntha 6 if only you had a real tough workout?

8. MKashew

MKashew Purple Belt

You must be like 14, but the point is, no one product makes you fat. If you need 2000 calories per day to maintain 170lbs, then you can drink ten 200-calorie servings (total of 2,000 calories) of Synatha-6 per day and not get fat.

Excess calories make you fat, not any single product itself.

9. GJJNY

GJJNY Purple Belt

Jesus H.... we need some kind of verification code or password before you're allowed to post. Or a 10 question test.

The retardation hurts.

10. XTrainer

XTrainer Red Belt

Tiger, could you explain your situation better?

11. Mooney

Mooney Blue Belt

Ok firstly I can think of no good reason for a 5'8 guy weighing 170 lbs should drop to the weight of a 13 year old girl. Secondly, if you cant judge for yourself wether or not syntha 6 will hinder your efforts then your going to have a VERY hard time making that weight so my advice is don't try.

If there's a justifiable reason then please share, but i dont see why a coach would make you drop to that weight at the weight your at now.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  12. Dogstarman

Dogstarman Old man jiu jitsu

Wow, if you are weak now, then you have no chance. Maybe you should get a new coach or talk to someone who will speak sense to this guy.

13. TigerDaniels

TigerDaniels White Belt

Im not weak by any means. he basically wants me to drop weight so i can really dominate in my weight division. and i know ill lose power but ill just have to get it back. because ive always been strong. Now ive put my self on a strict diet. and i train 3 hours a day strgth&conditioning, striking, and BJJ. do you think i can lose that weight fast..? and by fast i mean soon as possible.

14. XTrainer

XTrainer Red Belt

Dude, if I may be brutally honest, it sounds like you don't have a clue. How old are you? I'm guessing 13-15. You have no idea how much you are screwing with your growth and development at this point in life by losing 40lbs, unless you're obese...and at 170lbs, you'd have to be pretty darn short to be obese. What about the process of losing 40lbs do you think will make you "dominate your weight division?" Why do you assume your strength will just magically come back if you work at it? You're dropping a third of your bodyweight. That strength won't just "come back" with hard work.

And you're worried about flabby skin and syntha 6? Are you kidding me? Really?

I'd be an awful lot more worried about your health, and whether or not your coach really has your best interests at heart. I'm guessing not.

Sorry if that comes across as harsh, but frankly, you need a wake-up call or you're going to hurt yourself.

15. Origins

Origins Blue Belt

It isn't a matter of just "getting your strength back". You simply are not going to be as strong at 130 as you are at 170 if you are still roughly the same bf%. Unless you are around 30% bodyfat, which is considered obese, you will lose mostly muscle mass as a result of this weight drop. In your case, you just won't be able to magically gain all your strength back and still weigh 130 pounds.

16. rubberducky27

rubberducky27 Yellow Belt

Coach = you tube and the voice in your head

3 hours training = 2 hours playing xbox and 1 hour in your garage repeating what you achieved in the game?

I just don't see any coach telling you to drop that much weight and not working with you on how it will be done. This has got to all be a little fantasy of yours?

Nothing wrong with that, we all start somewhere, but you'll get there quicker and get better advice if you break down everything.

How old you are. What you're competing in and when you intend to compete at that weight. 3 hours of training at what intensity? Is it 3 hours straight everyday, or 1 hour in the morning 2 hours at night etc etc

17. KILL KILL

KILL KILL Gold Belt

For the few of us that are half knowledgeable about nutrition and training, most of you make us look like f'ing geniuses