Lose three fights in a row? Your job is safe. Bigger roster! Sign of weekly events?

I'm happy that some fighters haven't been cut and it's not only because of nationality but also because they're exciting

The best way to stay on as a losing fighter is to be British, Japanese, or Australian.

It's always been a judgement call. The UFC has to balance legitimacy with entertainment.

Also depends on who you lose to. If you lose to top fighters you won't get cut after a few, but if they are mid tier/lower tier or not well known 2/3 losses will almost certainly cost you your job.

For example: Hardy lost to GSP and Condit, (#1 and top 5 WW), Rumble (who was top 15 and a LHW) and Lytle, who is a legend. Also, most of Hardy's fights are exiting.

Dana and Lorenzo love guys who war and most of those guys war.

When the Strikeforce merger is complete look for a few more cuts....

Dana knows better than to cut someone because of a few losses, especially now with Bellator on Spike, you don't want them signing anyone halfway decent from the UFC at all. If Guilliard or let's say Belcher lost two more and got cut, if you let these guys go it only helps the competition

What I kind of think this is ultimately coming down to (and I hope it actually does) is a weekly night of UFC fights. They're signing people left and right at the moment and cutting way less fighters. I remember them saying they wanted an all UFC TV channel at one point.

Sounds to me like they're aiming for a every Friday night fights kind of thing in the long run on say FX or Fuel, which would work in my opinion.

Depends on the fighter. I'm pretty sure I heard Dana say recently that there was someone he'd like to cut on a win.

I think he was either talking about Brunson or Okami

I guess I am one of the few people that don't find sloppy brawlers entertaining at all.

I guess I am one of the few people that don't find sloppy brawlers entertaining at all.

For the casual fan, this is exactly what the UFC needs, this is why they cater towards them to eventually turn them into hardcore fans.

If they are going to do 52 fight cards a year then they should make most of them crappy from top to bottom. I don't like the idea of making the undercard crappy with a decent main event. It'll just further dilute the PPV/FOX cards.

Back