Lose lose for mcgregor. He should just pull out.

Wrong.

Conor made more in his last two fights than Jon has made in his entire career.

well, I don't know about his whole career. I mean UFC doesn't pay well most fighters, but champions are rare exceptions, plus all the endorsement money they get just for being champion, in the long run makes it a good money fight, but not the end-all be all people make it up to be.

and while I can agree with you he would be the underdog, please tell me how is this a good thing?
I mean if he could fight a bum and get paid the same as he'd get paid to fight Conor or Khabib, why fight against the ones he is the underdog?
Isn't this the opposite of what he should be looking for?
rda isnt even always doing ppv fight. Sponsors are limited unless you are well known like mcgregor. And he's only defended once so no ppv points either. Take a look at his disclosed earnings and then look at what aldo got for 13 secs work. Biggest payday by far. Aldo hasn't cracked 500k anywhere else let alone 5 mil.

He is the Irish Cerrone. Dude needs to fight to pay for his lifestyle. He will be fighting kimbo in Bellator in a few years

Lol. How can I be wrong for saying I don't know. Oh and Source he made more in the last 2 than Jones' entire career.

Conor made between $5-8M alone in PPV (Per Forbes, over 1M buys at $3-5 per buy into Conor's pocket), not counting his purse or any other bonuses he has worked out with the UFC. That's just the Aldo fight. He earned another $5M+ from the Chad fight which also did just under 1M buys.

Jon Jones has a net worth of just $10M after being in the UFC since 2008. Conor has made more in PPV that Jon's entire net worth in two fights worth of PPVs.

Can you handle the rest of the math?

The UFC will look after him if he wins or loses

Yea I completely agree. The only reason for him to take any fight right now is money.... but... it just so happens to be that thats why he's in this game anyways.

Conor made between $5-8M alone in PPV (Per Forbes, over 1M buys at $3-5 per buy into Conor's pocket), not counting his purse or any other bonuses he has worked out with the UFC. That's just the Aldo fight. He earned another $5M+ from the Chad fight which also did just under 1M buys.

Jon Jones has a net worth of just $10M after being in the UFC since 2008. Conor has made more in PPV that Jon's entire net worth in two fights worth of PPVs.

Can you handle the rest of the math?
You seriously think that's a source. Forbes and net worth??? Lol. I said post a source of disclosed income and how many ppv point Conor and Jones received. Not Speculation.

And you do understand that even if Conor made 20 mil his last fight, doesn't mean that is his net worth right?

Hahahahahahahaha. At least live up to your name.

If he wins against whoever, ppl will say the same as the mendes fight and say it was a short camp fighter. If he loses, he doesn't get the lw title shot and everyone says he had no business fighting for the title.

He should just pull out and wait for rda.

I want to see him fight soon too but from his stand point, just not a good business move. It won't stop his momentum considerably.

Greg is that you?

If he wins against whoever, ppl will say the same as the mendes fight and say it was a short camp fighter. If he loses, he doesn't get the lw title shot and everyone says he had no business fighting for the title.

He should just pull out and wait for rda.

I want to see him fight soon too but from his stand point, just not a good business move. It won't stop his momentum considerably.
The smart move for him is to wait for RDA, but Conor will probably end up fighting Pettis or Diaz.

You seriously think that's a source. Forbes and net worth??? Lol. I said post a source of disclosed income and how many ppv point Conor and Jones received. Not Speculation.

And you do understand that even if Conor made 20 mil his last fight, doesn't mean that is his net worth right?

Hahahahahahahaha. At least live up to your name.
Forbes knows enough to get a rough estimate on how much a guy like Pablo Escobar's net worth is, i'm sure Conor would be much easier to attain info on.

rda isnt even always doing ppv fight. Sponsors are limited unless you are well known like mcgregor. And he's only defended once so no ppv points either. Take a look at his disclosed earnings and then look at what aldo got for 13 secs work. Biggest payday by far. Aldo hasn't cracked 500k anywhere else let alone 5 mil.
Again, you are pointing out a distorted view.
Yes, RDA did not fight much in PPV... until he climbed the ladder. Now he is at the top. COmparing with what he made is wrong.
Every fighter (McGregor included) did not make before what they are making now.
So your point is just plain wrong.

Please note: I did not disagree this is a money fight for him. I simply disagree it was his best option long term.

Again, you are pointing out a distorted view.
Yes, RDA did not fight much in PPV... until he climbed the ladder. Now he is at the top. COmparing with what he made is wrong.
Every fighter (McGregor included) did not make before what they are making now.
So your point is just plain wrong.

Please note: I did not disagree this is a money fight for him. I simply disagree it was his best option long term.
We will agree to disagree.

Conor isnt pulling out of anything...I doubt very much he gives a flying fuck what the 'booing' fans think..."You beat some guy on short notice again...blah blah blah.." ->"And then I went to my mansion and ate my lobsters".

It certainly puts a dent in the works if he loses, but that's the fight game...and he seemingly still wants to fight, because he believe he can win...

Plus is he did care, pulling out would give all the anti-Conor-crew SO much more to work with...

Conor has little to gain with a win over Nate, however it is no secret that he is in it for the money.

Conor has little to gain with a win over Nate, however it is no secret that he is in it for the money.
Agreed. Still a lose lose for him. If he beats him, everybody thought it would happen. Even if he wins by decision ppl will say it was a failure.

Conor is one of the most confident fighters in the game, so I'm sure he thinks he beats anyone at LW, especially if they only have 2 weeks notice. And Conors main motivation is money, and he'd still likely make a couple million against a replacement.

I think the UFC probably wants Conor to sit out, but Conor is probably demanding to fight.

You're drunk.

He can't pull out after all the "anyone and anywhere" talk.

Back