Lorenzo Fertitta said the UFC is offering to extend Jones' contract

I can't watch right now. Can somebody elaborate on this?

Supposedly Dana answers a phone call from Nick Diaz while at the table then the scene cuts.

You don't hear the phone ring or hear Dana and Nick talk.

and people believed dana when he said jones wasnt negotiating, just ducking lmao

Not sure what's up with the "ducking" accusations. At first, I thought it was Dana trying to use public pressure to force Jones into signing a bad deal. Now, with Gus talking, I'm starting to think they might be trolling to create hype for the rematch.

they better make him a good offer, or a new obligation is no use to him. it's not like the ufc would fail and to re-sign him

Exactly. Jones is under contract at the moment and should have to fight the #1 contender.

He will, but that fight is his leverage, so while renegotiating he should do just what he's doing. This isn't Jones, this is his management telling him the best way to negotiate.

This is how he supports his family, he's never ducked anyone, he's already beaten Gus, so he deserves the benefit of the doubt imo.

They might be extending it, as Lorenzo said, and the terms probably will get adjusted.

this. UFC basically always does new deals with guys while they still have fights left on their old one, usually its before their last fight.

Sometimes if that fighter is the champ they will give him a new higher deal like with cain, maybe Barao and Mighty Mouse also got new deals with fights left on their old one.

This could be saying to Jones we will redo your deal and give you more if you accept the Gus fight. Cause Jones doesnt seem to want that fight and the UFC really does so to get him to accept it and make everything easy they could giev him a new deal. But they dont have to.

Not sure what's up with the "ducking" accusations. At first, I thought it was Dana trying to use public pressure to force Jones into signing a bad deal. Now, with Gus talking, I'm starting to think they might be trolling to create hype for the rematch.

Yea DW has been talking a lot about Jones lately. I'm starting to think it's all promotion for the fight. I think even Jones might be on this he's been way to quite about it.

Yea DW has been talking a lot about Jones lately. I'm starting to think it's all promotion for the fight. I think even Jones might be on this he's been way to quite about it.

I think so, too. In the latest video where Jones responded to his "haters," it seemed as if he was making a joke out of this whole thing and didn't appear to take it very seriously. We all might got trolled by Jones, Dana White, and Gus and their attempt to hype up this rematch.

Define #1 contender

In boxing, the sanctioning body/organization whatever decides who the #1 contender is.

Here that would be the UFC. So the #1 contender is whoever the ufc says in the #1 contender, and if you don't fight the #1 contender you lose your belt. They strip people all the time in boxing because they won't fight the #1 contender.

Back