Lorenzo Fertitta: Ronda Rousey is 'the most impressive athlete' the UFC has ever had

I like Ronda.. but this is fucking ridiculous Zuffa.

Ronda is athletic, yes.. but to call her the most impressive athlete UFC ever had is just a blatant lie.. Have they forgotten about all the althetic specimens they had and still have? GSP, Lesnar, hell Jones?

I like Ronda.. but this is fucking ridiculous Zuffa.

Ronda is athletic, yes.. but to call her the most impressive athlete UFC ever had is just a blatant lie.. Have they forgotten about all the althetic specimens they had and still have? GSP, Lesnar, hell Jones?

I'm 99.9999% confident Lorenzo was referring to her work ethic, demeanor outside the cage in relation to her UFC obligations, and her appeal outside of MMA. He wasn't just referring to her athletic prowess.

You have to admit she is definitely a company woman who knows where the money for Mochi's dog food is coming from.

Sure she says some outlandish things but have you ever heard of her missing a media obligation, pulling out of a fight, or putting the UFC on blast? In her personal life have you heard about her being busted for drugs, driving drunk, being arrested, etc.?

Overall as far as working with Ronda goes I don't think it's outlandish for her boss to say she impresses him more than other athletes he's worked with.

Also he probably deals with her more than most other fighters so has more experience working directly with her. That's just a guess on my part though.

Lol
the UFC is in such bad shape if they believe that nonsense

GSP has no rival regarding the most athletic to ever compete in this sport.

Bullshit.

image_crop.php

Seriously though it's biased hyperbole to claim he has no rival ever to compete in the sport, Brock, Randleman, Jones etc. and there could even be a more athletic guy we've never heard due to having no skill and being 3-5 in some bush league.

Lorenzo's not wrong.

There isn't any current champions with the athletic background R3 has. Cain might be the closest with a Top-5 finish in the NCAA's and a JC championship. Weidman has multiple Top-10 finishes in the NCAA's so he'd be the next closest. Former champ BJ Penn is closest when it comes to international competition with his world BJJ titles.

Compare that to Ronda and in addition to her Olympic success, she's been a gold medal world champion several times. She's won both at home and abroad in a very competitive sport. She came into the UFC as a one dimensional fighter and improved herself, rounding her game to the point where she owns one of the fastest KO's in UFC history. Who else in the UFC has athletic accomplishments that compare?

She never took gold in the worlds. Silver was her best.

Yoel Romero has Olympic silver and several worlds gold.

Jesus. They really feel the need to pour it on thick with her.

She never took gold in the worlds. Silver was her best.

Yoel Romero has Olympic silver and several worlds gold.

Worldwide judo is practiced by more people than wrestling, there are over 20 million judokas and less than 1 million wrestlers. So her accomplishments in that sport should be considered with a higher value. And the only difference between silver and bronze is when you lost to the gold medalist, early or late. Either way, both only lost once.

Back