Lorenzo Fertitta: Ronda Rousey is 'the most impressive athlete' the UFC has ever had

Regardless of how her career pans out, she's going to have a nice cushy job at the UFC after it's over.

Let me rephrase what Lorenzo said: "She has been the most impressive athlete we've worked with".

Every single fighter in the UFC is an athlete, by definition.

Saying that Ronda is the most impressive DOES NOT mean that she's got the best cardio, benchpresses more than anyone, etc.

It just means that she, all in all, is the most "impressive".

You can be impressive in lots of ways.

Geez.

I see that, but you'd have to be obtuse not to see what he's trying to infer with his statements. Hence, the reaction in this thread.

I see that, but you'd have to be obtuse not to see what he's trying to infer with his statements. Hence, the reaction in this thread.

He gets the reaction he wanted.

Mission accomplished.

This is Femerica, guys kiss that women's master ring to gain rank and get those in charge on their side.. I wish M1 was on more.

That is the most blatant lie I ever heard in my life. Nice try though Lorenzo.

R3 fights soon. Time for the UFC hype machine to turn into overdrive in preparation. I will miss the last few months of R3-free Zuffa hyperbole.

Talent pool in women's division is pitiful, but no one shits on Jim Brown for running over inferior humans to score TDs.

It's sad to know that Lorenzo is as desperate as Dana when it comes to marketing, that he'll make himself look ridiculous to try and gain a few extra viewers.

Rondas not bad looking she cleans up nicely
Sherdog is just jelly because she can kick your asses

Biggest load of horseshit I've ever heard. A bottom-level LW like Sam Stout is far more athletic than Rousey will ever be. Have Sam Stout fight Garrett Whiteley, Charlie Brenneman, then Yves Edwards for the title (wins by KO) and he's the best athlete the UFC has ever seen despite beating WAY better fighters than Rousey's opponents.

Every male contender should feel disgusted by this comment, I'd love to see some guys run down their contracts and leave, see how Zuffa fares when WMMA is their only option.

Calling her a major movie star with these big, big roles that she does..

That was the shit icing on a crapcake. She was absolutely atrocious in Expendables. Everytime she had lines or things to do, she came off like an annoying bratty sister with no ability to suspend belief at all and would have to have Sly or another in the cast follow up with a comment to try to save her or give her credibility. It was brutal.

Everything she's done acting wise is brutal. I don't even hate Ronda, but her acting was godawful and is not going anywhere.

Lorenzo just Dana'd all over the place.

buddy stay behind the scenes, no need to fill dana's shoes

Biggest load of horseshit I've ever heard. A bottom-level LW like Sam Stout is far more athletic than Rousey will ever be. Have Sam Stout fight Garrett Whiteley, Charlie Brenneman, then Yves Edwards for the title (wins by KO) and he's the best athlete the UFC has ever seen despite beating WAY better fighters than Rousey's opponents.

Every male contender should feel disgusted by this comment, I'd love to see some guys run down their contracts and leave, see how Zuffa fares when WMMA is their only option.

you do realize that you have to compare male and female athletes relatively, for the same reason they don't compete each other? :eek:

my god sherdog is stupid

"Not just for what she can do in the Octagon, but the way she handles herself outside the Octagon."

rousey1.gif

rousey2.gif

Yeah, nice try Lorenzo...

All the UFC brass are trolling or want to get into Ronda's panties badly.

Interesting comparison, what kind of athletic achievements has Sam Stout produced in his lifetime? Besides being choked out by Kenny Florian?

you do realize that you have to compare male and female athletes relatively, for the same reason they don't compete each other? :eek:

my god sherdog is stupid

been following this thread, kind of my feelings. Local, mediocre crossfit guy can probably out jump, sprint and bench press Serena Williams, therefore it would be insulting to call her a great athlete. amirite Sherdog?

When did Lorenzo and Dana change roles? Dana is the quiet one lately.

Its cuz Dana would've shit the bed again, with a statement like "Rhonda could probably beat Jones in a fist fight, and Cain too. ah WTF, She can beat the whole Heavy and LHW div by herself SHE IS THATTT GOOD guys...people who dont buy her PPVs arent real fight fans."

that is a joke. ronda is much more of an athlete than stout. i see ronda being tougher than you will ever be has really emasculated you
congrats

Back