Lorenzo Fertitta: Ronda Rousey is 'the most impressive athlete' the UFC has ever had

He forgot to add "female" in that sentence.
Ronda is awesome, but most people knows this is bullshit.

Lol. The UFC loves to try and convince people she's a movie star, the biggest star the UFC has ever had etc. She's had about a minute of screen time in 2 big films. She barely gets asked any questions at press conferences. She has shitloads of followers because she's a good looking woman in a sport full of 2/10s.

She's not even a good fighter. She's good at Judo. Her striking is comical.

Butthurt, how does it feel?

I liked how she said the Sandy Hook shooting was fake and a conspiracy.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1486363-ufc-star-ronda-rousey-tweets-interesting-sandy-hook-shooting-conspiracy-video

The uncle Dana tells us to quit being a pussy and get a life.
http://www.mmamania.com/2013/1/23/3907758/ufc-dana-white-ronda-rousey-sandy-hook-tweet-controversy-mma

I am so impressed how she handles herself, Infact I am very impressed by the entire managment of the ufc. They handle themself with grace and eloquence.
My respect

tumblr_nh3slwzhF71u6pckgo1_500.gif

We the fans should start calling the UFC out more on their flip flop hype bullshit...

I feel like it's insulting to the hardcore fans. I get they want to hype the stars but you can do that and still be consistent. It's like one week Anthony Pettis is the p4p best according to Dana, and then the next week before another champions fight they are. Shit has been bad for years it gets tiresome. I've heard Joe and Dana give the most prestigious titles to many different fighters within a short time period. "fastest in the ufc, best boxing in the ufc, best wrestler we have in the ufc, greatest talent, most atheltic." etc.. Am I the only one bothered by this? The extreme hyperbole and basically what is propaganda by the UFC is painful. Show some consistency.

They clearly don't have much respect for our intelligence and they think will believe anything we're told including altered stats and fighter records in the past.

The worst part is WE are the ones who can collectively call the shots. Need proof? Sherdog polls. Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz was made by the fans, because it was the match up we wanted by an overwhelming amount. Extreme push back on the Lawler Hendricks 3 fight? Hendricks vs Matt brown. A fight we haven't seen yet when we we're complaining about the rematch. They are listening. Just my 2 cents but I feel like we should call them out on their bullshit.

Side note, it's ironic how they try to hold such a high moral authority on fighters they let in the UFC considering all of this...

I don't agree but hilarious to see the usual knuckleheads raging over this.

Misogynistic sherdoggers don't get this, but Ronda is the closest to being an A-level athlete among all fighters in the UFC.

She is also p4p the best fighter in the world if we additionally adjust the counterfactual scenario the p4p measurement consists of for gender.

It helps that her shit division full of smaller women makes her look like a superstar. No wonder Dana went completely apeshit when the media kept asking him about Cyborg coming to the UFC.

And that big movie star claim...

giphy.gif

Last edited:
original ufc lolz

He must have typed that as she was under his desk :eek:

I'm not gonna get angry this time...Just idiotic....

She is definately a jewel in the UFC's crown much like Hughes, Chuck, Anderson, GSP and all the other headlining athletes that have drawn in the publics interest over the years. Saying shit like this devalues their contributions in my opinions and shows how disposable the UFC sees these athletes.

Misogynistic sherdoggers don't get this, but Ronda is the closest to being an A-level athlete among all fighters in the UFC.

She is also p4p the best fighter in the world if we additionally adjust the counterfactual scenario the p4p measurement consists of for gender.

15 second title defense sounds athletic lol I totally agree. Jones is most athletic guy imo

6 people in the ufc's history have had higher value olympic medals
7 people have had more title defences
at least 30 people have had more wins

6 people in the ufc's history have had higher value olympic medals
7 people have had more title defences
at least 30 people have had more wins

I'm not sure if you're trying to discredit Ronda or the opposite.

I'm not sure if you're trying to discredit Ronda or the opposite.

i'm not deliberately trying to discredit anyone (other than perhaps lorenzo for his statement) because she's still observably an incredible athlete... but there are several fighters that the ufc 'has ever had' that have achieved more and proven to be more impressive athletes

i'm not deliberately trying to discredit anyone (other than perhaps lorenzo for his statement) because she's still observably an incredible athlete... but there are several fighters that the ufc 'has ever had' that have achieved more and proven to be more impressive athletes

Lorenzo: ""She has been the most impressive athlete we ever worked with".

That's what he said. That doesn't imply that she's the most accomplished at the Olympics or whatever. "Impressive" is pretty much open for interpretation, and Lorenzo even elaborates.

Back