Lorenzo Fertitta: Ronda Rousey is 'the most impressive athlete' the UFC has ever had

Ronda is one of the few MMA fighters that I can see being good at other sports.

Wow this guy is a worse BSer than Dana.

The last time I heard from his was the other day when he was claiming the UFC hyped up Conor over Siver just to piss fans off because...welll...no good reason. Just because.

GSP with both of his ACLs torn and doped down on a couple 60mg morphine's would toy with roided Rousey.

she probably is the most impressive female athlete they ever had

Gsp and Jones are both freaks of nature and better athletes than rousey

Lol. The UFC loves to try and convince people she's a movie star, the biggest star the UFC has ever had etc. She's had about a minute of screen time in 2 big films. She barely gets asked any questions at press conferences. She has shitloads of followers because she's a good looking woman in a sport full of 2/10s.

She's not even a good fighter. She's good at Judo. Her striking is comical.

Fertitta will say anything to make a buck.

Thankfully there aren't enough professional women fighters to dominate the fight cards just yet. However, the level of intensity in those fights that are shown is quite high for the majority of the time. The way i see it, it would be easier for a professional female athlete, as oppose to male athlete, to convert to MMA because the gap in skill is much smaller due to the fact the WMMA is at its infancy. Once WNBA players, more Olympians, volleyball players, or maybe even tennis players (not really) start converting to MMA the sport will boom. When it gets to the level where we can see really hot, skillful women go at it, no more Mcgoat, no more nose, and instead of nut hugging there will be tity cupping.

"my father, back in Brazil, no problem" O$$

His statement should have been qualified by stating 'female athlete'. As delivered it's egregious, disrespectful and erroneous. Credibility out the window with this feminist, blue pill dog $hit. Stop.

Compared to the other women, yes. But Conor, Bendo, Jones, GSP, among many many others are more impressive athletically.

But she is among the highest skillwise when it comes to grappling.

Lorenzo just went full Dana

You never go full Dana

We all know that the most impressive athlete is the GOAT

Conor bless

Depends on what you mean by "better".

Better relative to what?

Relative to all other fighters, not just female.

Athleticism is speed, power, stamina, suppleness and strength. Important factors in sport are mental toughness, and learning curve, however they are separate from athleticism in it's most literal form.

Ronda isn't that strong compared to men, not as powerful, not as fast, and not particularly more flexible than everyone else in the sport. So she is not the best athlete. That doesn't stop her from becoming the best fighter though.

I really hope Cat Zingano lands some brutal knees to Ronda's face.

LOL

Get real, Lorenzo. What an absurd thing to say.
Yes. She's highly unlikable, and dishonest BS like this is the exact type of thing that is turning the fans against the entire organization instead of just individual people.

What-gif.gif

Back