Lorenzo Fertitta: Ronda Rousey is 'the most impressive athlete' the UFC has ever had

what is the point of saying this? it does more bad than good for the ufc because no one is buying it.

You fail lorenzo.

Jones and GSP are the greatest athletes the UFC has ever had.

He might as well have said she's the best-looking too while he's at it. It would be just as accurate.

Shes a fighter first and foremost and i respect her judo, but good looking doesn't really come to mind when discussing her. Are you trolling?

Most impressive female athlete in the UFC would be a fair statement. Every male on the roster is a better athlete tho.

Most impressive female athlete in the UFC would be a fair statement. Every male on the roster is a better athlete tho.

Only insofar as every male in the ufc could destroy her in a fight. Relatively she is a better athlete than many men.

Rousey would lose to any 125 lb male fighter in the UFC roster in the first 1 round.

When did Lorenzo and Dana change roles? Dana is the quiet one lately.

I would have to agree 100%, I can't diffute that and I'm not even a huge RR fan but what she has done is utterly amazing.

Lorenzo Fertitta was recently interviewed by Graham Bensinger, and Fertitta lavished praise upon Ronda Rousey.

Here are some of his comments:

"She has been the most impressive athlete we ever worked with, here at the UFC. I put her up there with the best of the best. Not just for what she can do in the Octagon, but the way she handles herself outside the Octagon. The way she manages her own discipline, the way she trains, the way she balances that with, now she's a worldwide movie star, with these big, big roles that she does."

I agree. I've never seen somebody so gracefully give their opponent the finger, much more fluid than the Diaz's.

And her high level tears that drop whenever she talks about about a fight is unreal. I mean she really embodies female MMA.

And oh man when she yelled "Fuck you bitch!" on TUF I thought to myself wow she really knows how to conduct herself like a professional.

I can definitely tell her attitude and ego isn't stuck in highschool.

Or not, whatevs

Really good athlete. The best? Not in my opinion.

Come on, Lorenzo, didn't you get the note? Ronda is old news; McGregor is the UFC's biggest draw now.

How many "most impressive athletes" can the UFC have? C'mon! Every division seems to have one

Your thoughts?
I'd like to read the source, but the thread title and what he's quoted as saying, are somewhat different ideas.

"She has been the most impressive athlete we ever worked with, here at the UFC"

I have no reason to doubt him, but he's also just speaking very candidly (not that this will stop the usual discussion). She's an impressive athlete, has been very active, been largely responsible as the face of the division, and done a lot of good things in a relatively short period of time. She's a good company woman, so yes, I understand what he is getting at.

As to if she's a better physical athlete than others? It does't look like he said that, but I'll leave that to the others.

Back