Lorenz Larkin vs. Jorge Masvidal

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I believe this is a good fight to make in the WW division. Since his move to WW, Larkin has looked like a damn killer, earning back to back knockouts in the first and second round. After two impressive wins Larkin is going to be looking to break into the top 10 and I think a fight against Masvidal will do the trick for either guy. Masvidal was a top 15 guy at 155 but after mixed results and a tough weight cut decided he wanted to test his luck at 170 where he fought and knocked out Cezar Mutante in the first round. Masvidal later announced he's moved to 170 permanently.

Masvidal has been steady calling out top 10 guys like Matt Brown and Dong Hyun Kim but I think he needs to pump the breaks just a bit. A fight with Lorenz Larkin is a perfect one for either guy to break into the top 15 and get the chance at a bigger fight. Someone is going to sleep in this one for sure. What do you guys think of this potential fight?

Id watch it but like them both wouldn't know who to root for. And would hate for one to get a lose.

Great fight. Would be competitive. Neither one is a slouch. I like it.

Great fight. Would be competitive. Neither one is a slouch. I like it.

I'd love it to open up the 193 PPV; my mock card:

Robbie Lawler vs. Carlos Condit
Yoel Romero vs. Jacare Souza
Michael Bisping vs. Robert Whittaker
Mark Hunt vs. Matt Mitrione

Masvidal fighting 2 of the biggest welterweights back to back id be all for it. Mas would have to wrestle fuck him because Larkin hits way too hard to stand and trade with. Jorge could take Daleys shots though so he probably could handle Lprenz.

I'd love it to open up the 193 PPV; my mock card:

Robbie Lawler vs. Carlos Condit
Yoel Romero vs. Jacare Souza
Michael Bisping vs. Robert Whittaker
Mark Hunt vs. Matt Mitrione

That is a hell of a card. I'd buy it.

I think he could handle Larkins power but if its just striking I see Larkins winning.

Masvidal fighting 2 of the biggest welterweights back to back id be all for it. Mas would have to wrestle fuck him because Larkin hits way too hard to stand and trade with. Jorge could take Daleys shots though so he probably could handle Lprenz.

I think he could handle Larkins power but if its just striking I see Larkins winning.

I don't I think Lorenz would be the more explosive striker for sure but he makes way too many technical errors in my eyes mainly in his atrocious footwork that was on display in his last fight. He backs himself up against the cage way too much.

Misleading thread title, wasteland this bullshit.

401803AF391225875749677477888_pic-r-143524576108161067653ce.jpg.jpg
riverside-1-1.jpg~c200

[YT]LLt2SlzLNqA[/YT]

I've been calling for this one too. I think Larkin would take it, but it would be close.

I was hoping for a Tumenov fight with Larkin after he beats Jouban, but I hope Masvidal beats Larkin if it gets booked.

id love to see this fight as well. both guys strike well but I can't really remember anything about Larkin's ground game from any of this SF/UFC fights and Masvidal is pretty slick on the ground for a guy that looks like a boxer lol. Masvidal certainly has balls to move up a weight class when most guys (and girls) are moving down these days.

Noice fight. Been a fan of Larkin since his first fight in SF.

I'm a big fan of both. Wouldn't want to see it lol

I was hoping for a Tumenov fight with Larkin after he beats Jouban, but I hope Masvidal beats Larkin if it gets booked.

I'd like to see Larkin booked sometime before than, I don't like him waiting around for that fight although it would be a good one.

Back