Lorenz Larkin Talks UFC 202 & CM Punk

sflcmma0212

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
UFC 202's Lorenz Larkin will take on Neil Magny in the featured UFC Fight Pass Preliminary fight. Lorenz talks about the short notice opportunity, plus opens up about his comments to TMZ Sports about CM Punk from International Fight Week, and why he takes offense as a fighter on the UFC roster to Punk getting a spot.

18:42- On the Neil Magny fight being short notice- "I mean, how can I say this...there's no pressure on me. You know what I mean, like, this is last minute for me, there's no pressure for...I have my own pressure, just me being me, as a fighter, you know what I mean?...I'm not really worried about nothing. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going in to lose...I'm going in to knock his f*cking head off...I'm just taking a fight last minute...He's got the most pressure, I'm not (ranked) No. 7...I don't even know what I'm ranked, so I could be anywhere from 30 to 48, you know?...He's the guy that has to perform and not let me touch him, you know what I mean?"

20:01- Elaborating on fighting on short notice- "Oh yeah! I'm going in there easy-breezy...and when I say this I don't want it to get twisted like I'm just going in their for a paycheck I'm going in there...to break Top 10...I was in shape, I took the fight, and I believe that I can go in there and beat him...It's not like this is some big fight that was scheduled and we have all this time and all this media behind [it], get what I'm saying? It's not like there's pressure like that...I was already halfway ready, now I'm fully...there's no pressure on me. I feel like there's more pressure on him. "

21:55- More on Magny- " It's not that I don't care about the fight, cause I do. This is like, one of the biggest fights of my career. This is the first time I've got the fight to break into the Top 10. This is a realy big fight for me...Fighters worry more when they have a full camp and you're dedicating a whole camp to one guy and you're just trying to focus on what's the plan gonna be, and what's the the approach of attack gonna be...but, it's dangerous for guys when guys get replaced last minute. Perfect example: Bisping. There's no build up to nothing...By the time you had your quick little mock camp, you already going into fight week."

24:15- Talking about the response he got from his comments about CM Punk on TMZ-" Nah man, I didn't think I'd have all these little wrestling freaks after me, dude. Those people are like cults...they're like...they're like, I dunno, Mormons., dude, they're just on me."

25:10- More on CM Punk-" People just don't understand dude, it's like, being a fighter and dedicating your life to something, and then for somebody to just...I get it, he's famous, I get it, you know, cool...They try to compare him to Brock , and the thing is you can't compare him to Brock. Brock has a collegiate background, Brock didn't fight his first fight in the UFC. Brock fought in Japan...and when he came to the UFC they didn't give that motherfucker no break! His first fight was Frank Mir! His second fight was Heath Herring...his third fight...was [Randy] Couture, right? Then he fought Shane Carwin, got his ass whooped...like this motherfucker got thrown in a volcano and climbed out! He had no easy pass...on his fighting career, I respect Brock. He proved himself. But for somebody who has no collegiate nothing, and hasn't [done] any type of combat sport...I look at the UFC like it's the NFL, and this is like the biggest promotion there is out there....I take fucking pride in that, I think all fighters should take pride in that...So for somebody just to not even get one fight, just to have his first fight in the UFC, it's like, it just waters down what the fuck I do. I'm finally proud when people are like, "Yeah, what do you do?" I fight in the UFC! I can take pride in that shit. But not if someone has...no fights and they just jump in...I have teammates...that are fucking struggling. Struggling working a job, fucking working everyday, and then coming to the gym struggling...and that are good, who want to be in the UFC, that really wanna make it in fighting, and they don't get shots unless it's like last minute...there's fucking guys out there who are HUNGRY, and they have talent. When you see shit like that (CM Punk), like come on man. I don't give a shit if you're famous or not."

30:18- When asked if he respects CM Punk for having the courage to step into the octagon- "Hellllll no man!...The thing is, I've been to fights (at smaller regional shows)...I've seen guys there get paid 50 bucks to fight a beast...anybody will take that fight (against Mickey Gall)...I can name off a lot of guys who would take the fight."

with cliffs!!!!!

Thanks TS.
Job well done.

Like +1 for you.

Larkin better watch his step.....CM has been working hard on refining his skill set:

X9iTSm.gif

i agree punk doesnt deserve to be fight in the ufc but this isnt like the nfl or mlb where the roster size is a perfect round number. if you are good enough u will get an opportunity to fight in the ufc and prove yourself

He's money for the ufc because of his existing marketability. Not hard to grasp but you can empathise with the fighters earning fuck all and trying hard to make a name and a career for themselves

big fan. lorenz is awesome. gotta root for him over magny but im a magny fan too.

This is another fight where it will be hard for me to root against either guy.

Larkin is local to my area, so I have a bias towards a local guy, and he is a SUPER entertaining fighter who comes to bang. Very explosive striking and fast as hell.

But Magny might be one of the most HUMBLE, nicest guys in MMA. Always such an easy going, cool dude. And the consummate workhorse. He doesn't do anything spectacular, he just keeps coming and has heart for days. Hard to root against him.

This is another fight where it will be hard for me to root against either guy.

Larkin is local to my area, so I have a bias towards a local guy, and he is a SUPER entertaining fighter who comes to bang. Very explosive striking and fast as hell.

But Magny might be one of the most HUMBLE, nicest guys in MMA. Always such an easy going, cool dude. And the consummate workhorse. He doesn't do anything spectacular, he just keeps coming and has heart for days. Hard to root against him.
Pretty much summed it up. I have been rooting for Larkin since the SF days and I have become a huge Magny supporter. I hate fights like these lol.

Back