Lorenz Larkin, A Sleeper Contender at 185

Yup when judges award a lay and pray and not take into account Larkin's effective scoring

The thing is Carmont didn't even get to lnp. Larkin was stuffing take downs left and right. The only time he had top position for any length of time Larkin swept him.

I love watching Larkin's fights. They're always entertaining. He's definitely a contender.

Larkin was KO-ed by Mo Lawal but that fight was turned into NC because Mo tested positive for steroids. In that fight Lorenz was taken down with ease and finished brutally thanks to the retardness of referee Kim Winslow, so im imagining an elite wrestler can put him in trouble... But either way i like his style he can do damage for sure at 185.

Larkin was KO-ed by Mo Lawal but that fight was turned into NC because Mo tested positive for steroids. In that fight Lorenz was taken down with ease and finished brutally thanks to the retardness of referee Kim Winslow, so im imagining an elite wrestler can put him in trouble... But either way i like his style he can do damage for sure at 185.

We'll king mo is about as good a wrestler it gets. And Larkin was pretty small for 205.

Always been a fan and he was robbed against Carmont. Ready to see him fight again.

really looking forward to his next fight.been a fan of his since his Strikeforce Challengers days.

Been watching him since Strikeforce, dude has potential. I'm glad his loss to King Mo didn't crush his confidence 'cause that shit was brutal.

Getting taken down by the best wrestler in a weight class above your own isn't anything to be ashamed of.

Aside from Larkin, has Carmont had ANY trouble taking down his other opponents? If he has, I haven't seen it.

Watch the Carmont fight, his tdd has come a very long way

Larkin beat Carmont pretty clearly. Most horrific judging of the year.

His fight vs Camozzi will tell us where he stands.

a quick dominating win or a brutal 30-25 decision could mean he belongs up there. A lackluster or close win probably means hes not top 10 material. A loss to Camozzi could spell a short stay in the ufc.

As far as I'm concerned his "loss" to Carmont shouldn't count against his employment status.

Watch the Carmont fight, his tdd has come a very long way

Even if he hadn't, King Mo is an elite wrestler, at a weight class above. It doesn't even mean Larkin couldn't stop elite wrestlers in his own current weight class. They are smaller, and in this case have worse credentials or haven't adapted them nearly as well. At 185, the elite wrestlers I guess are Weidman, Munoz, Jacare, Okami, and Markes. None of them are on the level of Mo relative to their division in terms of wrestling. Munoz has the best credentials, and his td% is a measly 27%.

MW is more of a striker/bjj division. And in it, Larkin has already shown he can beat one of the best strikers, and one of the better wrestlers. That's proving a lot already. The King Mo fight is not very applicable to Larkin's projection at a MW at all.

As far as I'm concerned his "loss" to Carmont shouldn't count against his employment status.

If it did, Bellator and WSOF would have contract offers ready for him as soon as he stepped out of the building.

I agree Lorenz Larkin is the dark horse of the MW division and I think he will have great success in the division and will be a top 10 guy.

If Carmont can make it to the top 10 Lorenz should have no prob. He's fun to watch too

His takedown defense in the Carmont fight was probably the only time stuffing a takedown had me standing up and cheering. It was insane how flexible he was.

I agree with you and I see him running through Camozzi.

He could be if he was a little less patient and a little more aggressive. He's got the skills and the athleticism at least.

Back