Lords of the Fallen

How good is this compared to Dark Souls?

its worth playing, its not a bad game at all, it actually is prettier graphically better. It feels the same as well, boss battles are pretty cool and the monster design is pretty dang sweet. But what do you expect from Ex witcher devs.

Beat the first 3 bosses in my first sitting but I'm not enjoying this game. Combat is nowhere near as tight as DS. There are plenty of unfair enemies, like those bastards with the shields and the weapons feel so slow.

Appreciate what the devs were going for, but I don't get a lot of time for gaming and this isnt worth the effort

Beat the first 3 bosses in my first sitting but I'm not enjoying this game. Combat is nowhere near as tight as DS. There are plenty of unfair enemies, like those bastards with the shields and the weapons feel so slow.

Appreciate what the devs were going for, but I don't get a lot of time for gaming and this isnt worth the effort

Agreed.

It's full of glitches like characters voices stop working and slow enemies suddenly moving super fast during attacks. A good number of them are cheap and unfair too especially the mages, it's like they cranked up the difficulty just for the sake of it. There's also an automatic magnetic attack thing where when you attack, the attack will automatically go after the nearest enemy, so you'll try to attack one enemy, then the character will do a full 180 turn to go after someone slightly closer. This is especially annoying when trying to go after the spider bosses legs and the player character automatically slides forward to go after the body, throwing you in line for an attack.

I hate to shit on the game, I really wanted to like it. It does some things better than From Software and brings some great new ideas to the table but overall it's just a poor mans Dark Souls, it is one of the best looking games I've played but I don't care for graphics that much. Maybe I just need to git gud or something.

This game made me appreciate from software much more, they are the hottest dev at the moment for me and this made me realise its clearly not easy to do what they do.

This game made me appreciate from software much more, they are the hottest dev at the moment for me and this made me realise its clearly not easy to do what they do.

Make bosses with broken hit boxes and add artificial difficulty to poorly made and bland environments?

Make bosses with broken hit boxes and add artificial difficulty to poorly made and bland environments?

PLEASE tell me an action rpg with a better combat system and atmosphere because I would buy it in an instant. No button mashers!

PLEASE tell me an action rpg with a better combat system and atmosphere because I would buy it in an instant. No button mashers!

That's why I like From so much as well. It must be incredibly hard to create a responsive combat system because all we see from everyone else is button mashing and QTE's.

Don't you have more discs to break?

Nope. Taking a break lol. I was merely bringing up criticisms of the game I've heard. I couldn't legitimately criticize a game that I played incessantly since I got it. It's engrossing and addictive, but for me, cripplingly frustrating.

I wanted to try and download this game before i paid for it but apparently it was never cracked. So I'll just wait for it to hit $5 and try it out.

I like the dark souls series but they can be a bit to hard for me. I'm stuck in blighttown right now and I pretty much gave up. Not just because it got really hard with posion but I also just got a little tired of it. The combat is fun and great but the story is nonexsistant and it's hard for me to keep playing a game with no story to follow.

That's why I like From so much as well. It must be incredibly hard to create a responsive combat system because all we see from everyone else is button mashing and QTE's.

This.

The atmosphere and challenge are selling points, but the combat and controls are what really separate these games. I've never played an action RPG that felt even close to as good as the souls games. It's so boring to me to play as 1 guy hacking through 40+ enemies at the same time, and QTEs are even worse. Not sure why it's so hard to get right, but I don't know shit about game design.

This.

The atmosphere and challenge are selling points, but the combat and controls are what really separate these games. I've never played an action RPG that felt even close to as good as the souls games. It's so boring to me to play as 1 guy hacking through 40+ enemies at the same time, and QTEs are even worse. Not sure why it's so hard to get right, but I don't know shit about game design.

Even something as simple as the camera moving independently from your character makes a huge difference. I swear I spend half my time just backstepping, rolling and running in little circles because the controls are so much fun to mess around with. Actual combat is like a bonus.

In every other game your character is basically tied to the camera. They lack the same freedom of movement and agility of the souls games.

Back