lorde accused of being racist

The song is legit, but then I am a devoted Kiwiphile. Lourde's eyes are too far apart for my liking though.

The song is legit, but then I am a devoted Kiwiphile. Lourde's eyes are too far apart for my liking though.

You like the Naked and Famous?

Also, some sherdogger posted that piece of shit song and i made it like 30 seconds in.
It's honestly too terrible to be offended by.

She's insulting hip hop culture ie black people. It's tongue in cheek, and i don't think her intention is inherently racist. This is really a non-issue about a non-artist who makes non-music

Lol this guy is like SO cool

Because we all know who she's thinking when we're talking gold teeth, Cristal (champagne) and Maybachs.

Yeah, we do. She's thinking about every other song on every radio station in her home town, I'm guessing.

Catchy song with lyrics poking fun at the dominant culture is successful? Shocking.

Again interpreting something foreign through an American cultural lens. It's really irritating when (a tiny vocal minority) of Americans apply white American - African American tension and stereotypes onto any European - African relationship. They did it to the Australians and West Indians as well.

Tennis court is a better song anyway I fucking love that track

Again interpreting something foreign through an American cultural lens. It's really irritating when (a tiny vocal minority) of Americans apply white American - African American tension and stereotypes onto any European - African relationship. They did it to the Australians and West Indians as well.

I wonder how these ultra sensitive types would fare in places like Japan or South Korea. Now those places are legitimately racist.

You like the Naked and Famous?

Passive Me, Aggressive You WAS my 2010.

I'm lying, I just looked that up. My Kiwi obsession is more related to sports than pop culture.

Anyway, there's no such thing as a successful NZ musician, we adopt them all.

Also, some sherdogger posted that piece of shit song and i made it like 30 seconds in.
It's honestly too terrible to be offended by.

She's insulting hip hop culture ie black people. It's tongue in cheek, and i don't think her intention is inherently racist. This is really a non-issue about a non-artist who makes non-music
I posted it, she's a phenom, and you can go fuck yourself with your pathetic misreading of the song. She was lambasting the music that tops the international pop charts.
is her voice and vocal range any different from the vast majority of teenage girls?
What's impressive about her singing? You're going to have to be descriptive here instead of just stating something and not substantiating it.

For example, i could talk about how Amy Millan is a great singer because of how stressed she can make her high notes and still stay with a melody, and lower the pitch of her voice to bring out the instrumentation on a track.

So what is this girl doing that's indicative of talent?
Bieber has a better voice than her, and if he made this shitty song, i guarantee you wouldn't listen to it nor would you defend it.

It's cool you have a crush on a 16 year old, though. I don't know how old you are, but that's legal here and i commend you for your bravery.
So now Billie Holiday is a hack without talent? I thought you knew shit about music? Her talent is in the personality and sensuality that drips from her voice. Not every great singer has been in the vein of Mariah Carey. Not only is the timbre of her voice incredible, but she manipulates the inflection of her delivery seamlessly: like Melody Gardot or the other great contemporary jazz lounge singers.

Calling Bieber more talented than this girl is just pathetic. Go slobber over Kanye's nob, Da Speeit. You fucking missed the bus on Lorde.

Last edited:
I posted it, she's a phenom, and you can go fuck yourself with your pathetic misreading of the song. She was lambasting the music that tops the international pop charts.

lol a "Phenom"
Between this, Justin Bieber, and Grayson Chance, you have a real love for little kids who sing.

whoa, mod skillz ninja edits, I'm outta here

Edit: oh wait, there it is. I missed the Last edited by stamp

lol a "Phenom"
Between this, Justin Bieber, and Grayson Chance, you have a real love for little kids who sing.
No, but I do like reminding no-talent hacks on the internet of their place.

No, but I do like reminding no-talent hacks on the internet of their place.

Reminding people "of their place" here is a thread you made whiteknighting this kid

and his "genius"
http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f48/so-do-people-hate-kid-too-1903743/

You try way too hard to convince us that we should take your rhetoric when it comes to music seriously. It's hilarious watching you get enraged over people saying 16 year old pop music is bullshit and stick your chest out over artists you clearly don't even listen to, but just latch on to so you can feel less old and irrelevant.

Calling Bieber more talented than this girl is just pathetic. Go slobber over Kanye's nob, Da Speeit. You fucking missed the bus on Lorde.

It always humors me how much hate Justin Bieber gets on this board (I never realized how powerfully a 15-year-old boy could sexually threaten fully grown men).

bwahahaha
you sound "Sexually threatened" bro

Daspy, eat a Snickers. This thread is going weird places.

Reminding people "of their place" here is a thread you made whiteknighting this kid

and his "genius"
http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f48/so-do-people-hate-kid-too-1903743/

You try way too hard to convince us that we should take your rhetoric when it comes to music seriously. It's hilarious watching you get enraged over people saying 16 year old pop music is bullshit and stick your chest out over artists you clearly don't even listen to, but just latch on to so you can feel less old and irrelevant.

LOL, I got Da Speeit in full bitch-rustle: implying that I called Grayson a "genius" in that thread when I most certainly did not. What I said was that he was a prodigious talent, and I stand by that. Like child actors often very gifted child musicians (not just in the pop world) don't ever really progress, but that kid was dropping girls panties with a piano. You ever dropped a girl's panties with a song, Speeit? Of course you haven't.

And that's where your sexual insecurity in regards to Bieber came in. You were making outrageously hyperbolic claims about Bieber when he was 15 along with many other posters. I didn't get it. Don't download his albums, don't waste your time. I never did. But it just cracked me up when people like you said he had no talent whatsoever; he may not possess the kind of talent that belongs on the radio, but I will always remind you that he is more talented than you.

Simple as that. Remember your place.

Oh, and I love the, "We don't take your rhetoric seriously," from someone who corroborating the tremendously stupid bitch blogger in the OP who is calling this song racist, ROFL.

9_funny_jesus_thumbs_up.jpg

Good luck with that.

Back