lorde accused of being racist

It's not impossible to dislike, you are missing the entire point. I said it's fine not to like. It's fine to not like classical music too, a lot of people don't, but it's obnoxious to say classical musicians weren't talented. I can't scientifically prove it's good just because it's complicated, you just need to hear the song to hear the beauty.

Don't know why you are making this fallacy again. I already said Lady Gaga is talented. I wouldn't care if she did show off her body and put on a huge performance. But she didn't have to and still made a badass hit song. That shows there is some sort of talent.

Ya no shit, nice scarecrow. You're G chord at a 4/4 beat also wouldn't be an internationally famous song, clearly you must see there is a difference.

So if it's internationally famous, it's of high quality?
You want to talk about a fallacy hahaha. You just shot yourself in the foot and jumped in a piranha filled river. God damn, that was a Hindenburg-level fail at a deflection.

And i know you wouldn't care, that's exactly my point. Your debate skins are on par with lorde's singing ability. Bland and uninspiring. You have no points and no counter points and are just huffing and puffing because you listen to a song that 12 year olds bump on their iphones on the way school and are desperate for people to feel the same way about it as you. And i've heard the song. I don't hear any beauty. Just a shit ton of meh.

You've been given the opportunity to point out the quality in this song and you've failed miserably besides reitirating that you like it. Well, per you last couple of posts, your qualifications for good music are not something I take remotely seriously.

Last edited:
Wow, this isn't even remotely racist. If anything, the fact that this blogger immediately associated this with a race of people means there's probably something wrong with the media targeted to those people and reinforcing the theme of the song. Besides, if I said sickle cell disease was bad, does that mean I'm saying black people are bad? No, I'm making a comment about something that pertains to black people. People who try to smear people like this are the fucking worst. In trying to look like righteous people, they just fuck everybody.

And the song is good. It's not my style personally, but it's one of the rare gems in it's genre currently.

Wow, this isn't even remotely racist. If anything, the fact that this blogger immediately associated this with a race of people means there's probably something wrong with the media targeted to those people and reinforcing the theme of the song. Besides, if I said sickle cell disease was bad, does that mean I'm saying black people are bad? No, I'm making a comment about something that pertains to black people. People who try to smear people like this are the fucking worst. In trying to look like righteous people, they just fuck everybody.

And the song is good. It's not my style personally, but it's one of the rare gems in it's genre currently.

Prodigy of Mobb Deep is going to get on a shinebox and kick your ass for this post

In my opinion, it's a mediocre pop song. Fairly unique, it caught my attention the first time I heard it (on an "alternative" radio station oddly enough), but it is, of course, being aggressively overplayed since it exploded and after hearing it some more, I don't think it's all that good. I do think that it's impressive for a song from a 16 year old though.

Da Speeit only likes The Strokes and perhaps Vampire Weekend by the way, so discussing music with him is pointless.

Da Speeit only likes The Strokes and perhaps Vampire Weekend by the way, so discussing music with him is pointless.

I fucks with the Biebs too. He's so fun and simple, you just have to hear the beauty.
#swaggy

Are you guys seriously debating whether this song is good or not? Sheesh, it's subjective. What's a fact is this is a successful pop song that's not completely vapid and shallow nor does it have an overabundance of autotune. The girl is 16, I can't imagine anyone her age is going to do much better.

The only unique thing about this song is that before listing generic hip hop culture products in the hook it says we don't care. Also, the opening line is "I've never seen a diamond in the flesh." Anybody who has been in a mall or in an airport (duty free store) has seen diamonds.

Are you guys seriously debating whether this song is good or not? Sheesh, it's subjective. What's a fact is this is a successful pop song that's not completely vapid and shallow nor does it have an overabundance of autotune. The girl is 16, I can't imagine anyone her age is going to do much better.

Of course it is, so is the existence of a deity, the effects of drugs, the human condition, and i've seen you argue about all of those things, so why don't we hop off that high horse, put on your "Fun" hat and join the discussion.

You think the song is good: Tell me what's good about it. let's argue, have fun, and be smarter for it, instead of taking a trip down Srs Street and complaining that people are arguing on FUCKING SHERDOG of all places.
What for?

Sickle Cell Joke

true shit
im surprised they havent hitched it some movie

you say it like its a bad thing

I like them both, but stillz.

Speeit, maybe you just didn't listen to Royals with big enough headphones...could that be it?

you say it like its a bad thing
You're goddamn right.
anigif_enhanced-buzz-17891-1368405289-0.gif

I like them both, but stillz.

Speeit, maybe you just didn't listen to Royals with big enough headphones...could that be it?

I'll hook my laptop up to some speakers and play it in my guest bathroom with some candles and shit and report my findings back to sherdog.

I'll hook my laptop up to some speakers and play it in my guest bathroom with some candles and shit and report my findings back to sherdog.

Nahhh. Nah bro. Just some oversized headphones that cost at LEAST $400 so you can truely "appreciate" dat muzik.

Someone called my Black friend a 'moon cricket' the other night.

There is always at least one asshole in a crowd and it sucks your friend got called that. Racism is lack of creativity at insulting by a moron in my opinion.

I never hearda this song before this thread
Pretty good
I love the beat

How come we never discuss Funkdoobiest? Does nobody care?

Of course it is, so is the existence of a deity, the effects of drugs, the human condition, and i've seen you argue about all of those things, so why don't we hop off that high horse, put on your "Fun" hat and join the discussion.

You think the song is good: Tell me what's good about it. let's argue, have fun, and be smarter for it, instead of taking a trip down Srs Street and complaining that people are arguing on FUCKING SHERDOG of all places.

Sickle Cell Joke

I've never argued the existence of a deity, I know better than that lol. Though I will make a case for a lot of things, it's important when to recognize there isn't an answer so nobody takes it too seriously. Arguing stupid things is fine, as long as we all know the ground rules.

And it wasn't a joke lol. I was being serious. Sickle cell is terrible, but just because it only affects black people doesn't mean it makes black people bad. And I think the whole materialistic theme in hip hop is more of a corporate thing that's being pushed and perpetrated.

And my argument for the song being good is simple. You have a girl who's hasn't been very pushed by the media, doesn't rely on any gimmicks, and has a number one single. My family loves the song. My mom made my sister play it twice in a row an hour or two ago. It may not be everyone's thing, but no song is. That doesn't mean it's not good.

I've never argued the existence of a deity, I know better than that lol. Though I will make a case for a lot of things, it's important when to recognize there isn't an answer so nobody takes it too seriously. Arguing stupid things is fine, as long as we all know the ground rules.

And it wasn't a joke lol. I was being serious. Sickle cell is terrible, but just because it only affects black people doesn't mean it makes black people bad. And I think the whole materialistic theme in hip hop is more of a corporate thing that's being pushed and perpetrated.

And my argument for the song being good is simple. You have a girl who's hasn't been very pushed by the media, doesn't rely on any gimmicks, and has a number one single
. My family loves the song. My mom made my sister play it twice in a row an hour or two ago. It may not be everyone's thing, but no song is. That doesn't mean it's not good.

This is exactly what i'm talking about; it has nothing to do with the song. If Bieber made this exact song would you like it? No. And she's signed to the biggest music label, has mcdonalds sponsorships, is on MTV, etc. Let's not pretend she's some indie darling here. THEY'RE TRICKING YOU MOTHERCUKER

And i know you weren't joking. I WAS JOKING.

YOU'RE TOO HIGH

Back