lorde accused of being racist

prince-william-kate-middleton-carried-0918-01-580x435.jpg

lmao!!!!!

Everyone and everything is racist and hates freedom

Implying that opinions can be objective, my sides.

What's good about the song. Inform me.

What do you want? A scientific study? It takes talent to create a massive hit song, especially one that doesn't rely on gimmicks. She isn't super hot showing off her body, she doesn't have a shit load of dancers and other tricks. It's simplicity impresses me. It's such a laid back chill song, there isn't a ton of shit going on it but it's fun to listen to.

Wow.

I'm usually very critical of blatant racists trying to hide it, and I typically tend to agree when media members point it out but this is just fucking stupid. Absolutely NOTHING racist about the things this song discusses. NOTHING about the culture she is opposed to in the lyrics has a fucking thing to do with skin color. This writer should be embarrassed.

It's racist for that blogger to lump in all black folk with the black rappers Lorde is criticizing

What do you want? A scientific study? It takes talent to create a massive hit song, especially one that doesn't rely on gimmicks. She isn't super hot showing off her body, she doesn't have a shit load of dancers and other tricks. It's simplicity impresses me. It's such a laid back chill song, there isn't a ton of shit going on it but it's fun to listen to.

No, i want you to explain what's good about song you're vehemently defending and pretending it's impossible to dislike and you're doing a terrible job substantiating it. You threw a tempertantrum because i said it's a shit song, and we've gone back in forth with you not putting anything on the table besides "WELL IT'S FUN AND SIMPLE!". Yeah, so is eating a fucking cheeseburger.
There's tons of "Fun" songs that are terrible. "Gucci Gucci" is a terrible song and it's fun to listen to. Justin Bieber's songs are "Fun" and "Simple", do you dig his shit too?

"Simplicity" isn't inherently impressive either. I can record myself playing a G chord at a 4/4 beat and hum. It's as simple as possible, that doesn't inherently make it of any piece of quality.

And your point about her "Not showing off her body" exemplifies my entire argument about people liking this to be counter-culture vultures. If Gaga was singing this song showing her ass in the video, you wouldn't give a shit about it.

You just like the pretty "Pure" teenage girl singing the song.

It's cool, i'd fuck Katy Perry and i dont like her music.

I thoroughly enjoy the song. Pure heroine. Lol. I dream about Cadillacs as well.

"We all know who's being referred to by these stereotypes."

Oh, so, you're a racist, too?

I hate these social justice warriors. Let's get offended on behalf of anyone. Culture is a convenience that we can use arbitrarily and even fucking whimsically to validate our knee-jerk offended reactions to every perceived slight.

We'll freely admit that these stereotypes have merit, then hypocritically and shamelessly admonish others who do the same with even the most minimalistic difference in tone.

Free publicity.

Then publicity can be elected president of South Africa. Make a movie bout him.

I listened to the whole song. Found it to be like most music in genre, in that the lyrics are tuned out and just become part of the overall sound of the song. I have to actively listen to know what she's saying. So I guess it isn't racist to me.

I will say it makes for ok background noise.

No, i want you to explain what's good about song you're vehemently defending and pretending it's impossible to dislike and you're doing a terrible job substantiating it.

It's not impossible to dislike, you are missing the entire point. I said it's fine not to like. It's fine to not like classical music too, a lot of people don't, but it's obnoxious to say classical musicians weren't talented. I can't scientifically prove it's good just because it's complicated, you just need to hear the song to hear the beauty.

And your point about her "Not showing off her body" exemplifies my entire argument about people liking this to be counter-culture vultures. If Gaga was singing this song showing her ass in the video, you wouldn't give a shit about it.

Don't know why you are making this fallacy again. I already said Lady Gaga is talented. I wouldn't care if she did show off her body and put on a huge performance. But she didn't have to and still made a badass hit song. That shows there is some sort of talent.

"Simplicity" isn't inherently impressive either. I can record myself playing a G chord at a 4/4 beat and hum. It's as simple as possible, that doesn't inherently make it of any piece of quality.

Ya no shit, nice scarecrow. You're G chord at a 4/4 beat also wouldn't be an internationally famous song, clearly you must see there is a difference.

Back