Loose fit rashguards

Bama Zulu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Does anybody wear rashguards under their gi? I was thinking of purchasing a sprawl loose fit one for under my gi , is this sensible or no?

I wear a tee shirt under my gi most of the time, and sometimes shorts under my gi-pants.

I don't wear one under my Gi as it's too hot but I wear a Sprawl loose fit rashguard for training no Gi and I like them.

If you want to wear one I don't see a problem - altho for under the Gi i'd think a tight one would be the better option - but really it shouldn't make too much difference,

i've tried the loose fit grappling top, i just dont like it...i'm so used to having no shirt on under my gi, or a really tight T-shirt. I cant get used to the loose fit grappling top

Yeah, it is sensible. I got a few of those cheapo Walmart ones and liked them and so I asked my mom to mail me some more for judo. Sometimes drilling judo throws I get some nasty skin pinches, or get grabbed just int he wrong way and it hurts with nothing on underneath. My chest was sore after last night from some grips that got my pictoral and or my nipple region, right under the gi, sort of wierd like. And doing 500 ipon soe nagis in a row can start to rub as well.

Some of the guys I train with wear sweatshirts under their gis when cutting weight, and of course all the women wear at least 2 layers under the gi, some 3 or 4 layers.

I don't like anything loose though. Either nothing at all for me or a tight rashguard.

I wish we were allowed to wear short or no sleeved gi
as worn by the Shuai Jao guys.

spoiler

in the most recent PRIDE,
the Yoshida team Judo guy, Takimoto
wore a short sleeved gi against Yoon,
and I was just talking about this kind of thing!
maybe it is happening!

I like the nike dry weave workout t-shirts for under the gi, they aren't as tight as traditional
rash guards and breathe well.

Yea, your gi doesn't get quite as gross either, which is good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back