Looks like Tyron believes in the Rory hype.

Beating both Condit and Rory in a row is quite a feat at WW..
Would be hard to dispute he deserves a TS

what are the betting odds on this fight?

Stop acting like all of Sherdog think of Rory as a chump - it's simply not true. Everyone recognizes his talent, a healthy population may not be riding his dick (thanks Mo) anymore but I don't recall any Sherdog member worth a shit saying Rory is a "scrub."

As for Woodley's perspective, it's a bit unique and b/c of that I sort of like it. He's basically saying he needs to get the win now before the kid gets too good. Pretty interesting perspective.

I'm starting to like what I hear from Woodley. His comments during the buildup to Condit and the present are starting to make me a fan in this regard.

bj said essentially the same thing about gsp in there first fight. Wanted to knock him off before he peaked.

Woodley's victory over Condit was not legit. Regardless of the "L" or "W," freak injuries say very little about who the better fighter was. That's why Weidman's first win is so much more telling than his second: he meant to end it. Nobody seriously expects to finish a fight by checking a leg kick.

Anyway, Woodley hasn't exactly proven that he's a good match for Rory. On the other hand, Rory recently lost to Lawler, who is not exactly known for being a technical whiz. If Woodley simply pushes the pace, he can probably win a decision off being "exciting."

this fight will either be a thriller or a snoozer. All judges score the contest 29-28 for the winner by unanimous decision.........
jbgdEAsfg5ocPP.jpg

Yet Sherdog thinks he's a scrub because he lost a decision to Robbie Lawler

Because he is a scrub. Was a scrub when condit tko'd him and still a scrub when robbie put him on his ass. If he is ever going to be champ he needs to step out of GSP's shadow and get some pep in his step. Also actually finishing a fight might help too

Because he is a scrub. Was a scrub when condit tko'd him and still a scrub when robbie put him on his ass. If he is ever going to be champ he needs to step out of GSP's shadow and get some pep in his step. Also actually finishing a fight might help too

Thats why Condit dropped 2 1/2 rounds before finishing him.

Not surprised one bit by the amount of haters Rory has. Fact is, a very large portion of MMA fans are living vicariously through their manly, handsome and badass fighter crushes. Obviously, Harry Potter types like Rory don't appeal to this subset.

Not surprised one bit by the amount of haters Rory has. Fact is, a very large portion of MMA fans are living vicariously through their manly, handsome and badass fighter crushes. Obviously, Harry Potter types like Rory don't appeal to this subset.

No kidding.

He meant it figuratively not literally.

I realize he wasn't trying to lie about how the fight ended. The phrasing does suggest beating handily though.

And gonna call bullshit on this. Some of the nerdier, but play it cool guys (Lauzon & Kenny come to mind) were/are wildly popular.

I'd say its more because of the fact he's so egotistical and self centered. He never praises his opponents or shows much respect plus the stunt he pulled against Penn, lol. Not to mention his safe style.

Back