Looks like the UFC just cut Niklas Backstrom

He needs to stop wading in with those knees chin up, hands down. One of the worst strikers I have seen in a long time. A justified cut IMO.

if you dont get beat in devastating fashion then they cant keep you. If he lost his last fight by KO aswell he would still have a job

You ether have to be a winner, or get beat in highlight reel fashion everytime. there is no middle room

Its why guys like brenneman get multiple chances but they cut guys like cammozi.(even tho they brought him back for short notice)

Last edited:
He was looking pretty good against Wilkinson until he kept dropping his hands and taunting which is why he got ktfo. I thought he won the Lahat fight but he looked awful and nothing like he used to

thank god
guy was losing fights and he seemed super annoying as well

He was already burning the candle at both ends playing for both the Washington Capitals and Minnesota Wild

I don't think he deserved to be cut, but what do i know. I post on Sherdog.

Dang, the last time I heard of him he was training hard with Gus, Latifi and Amirkhani in Chechnya or something. I guess this one was below the belt.

If the UFC is ever in his area, they would sign him for a local talent unless he's locked up somewhere.

3919.png

UFC signing Hockey Players now?

:D

Nah, but really, sucks too hear.

thats dumb

his last fight was pretty exciting

He's a decent fighter but he was only in the UFC cuz of his nationality.

UFC badly needs Europeans, especially from the Nordic countries. Standards are lowered for Nordic fighters.

Plus he's buddies with Gus.

Remove Gus from the equation and he'd prolly never have signed with UFC.
That is pure bullshit. They would never have cut him if there were some real money in the nordic market.
That is actually fucked up, man. I always looked forward to his fights over most of the card. Very exciting fighter as well as young and still developing. Bizarre that they would cut him after those two losses. One was a stupid mistake and the other a razor close decision.
The razor close decision was not only close, it was a fucking robbery. It should have been a draw for B

A guy nobody has heard of who lost his last two UFC fights against guy's nobody had heard of cut by UFC?

yeah, nice, lets read his wiki and pretend to know about the guy

Back