Looks like the best wrestler in MMA is...

tsube

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
AlexanderGustafsson_Headshot.png

Pretty much seems that way. Surprised DC has not been able to take down jones... and Jones, WOW. Making it look too easy to take em down.

Cormier either reserved his tank for 5th or he's tired as fuck. He gave those takedowns away lol

Cormier lost his gas and the fight

And JBJ still lacks serious class in victory

Mma wrestling, I could see an argument for that lmao.

The best TDD yeah. The best wrestler just no.

there was never any question that sweden produces the best wrestlers in the world imo

Pretty much seems that way. Surprised DC has not been able to take down jones... and Jones, WOW. Making it look too easy to take em down.

lest be honest about those takedowns though, by the time round 4 came around cormier was much slower and was definitely gassed to some extent.

I don't get why MMA fans are oblivious to the fact that Sweden is arguably the top wrestling powerhouse on the planet.

84 Olympic medals to the US's 125... with like a 30th of the population.

Or look at it this way, Finland and Sweden combined have 167 Olympic medals to the US's 125... with a 20th of the population. Neighbouring countries that have an area smaller than the size of neighbouring states Texas and New Mexico.

Assuming that Gus wanted to brush up on his wrestling to get ready for Jones, he was in the right place to do it.

People seriously overlooking how much jones's height and reach play into his tdd. P4P...yeah right. They don't even know the meaning.

People seriously overlooking how much jones's height and reach play into his tdd. P4P...yeah right. They don't even know the meaning.

His height and reach are paramount to his success. It was clear as day that even Cormier couldn't get proper leverage on his takedowns unless he lunged the second Jones moved in on him.

When Gus tried, his height put him in just the right spot even if his timing was off.

That said, Gus had better timing than DC.

Gus has the timing and footwork for being the best wrestler in MMA. Just like GSP. Striking + footwork + timing = best MMA wrassler.

I think that we can also consi8der that Gus is only getting better and better in his wrestling as well. The guy has off the charts fight IQ; his fight IQ is probably the highest of anyone Jones has faced in the Octagon. Not saying he wins for sure, but I am taken aback by everyone saying Jones gets an easy 50-45 decision in a rematch.

Back