Looks like PBF is going Ghostbusting on May 4th

XCuTioNeR

Mundo Hispano FECARBOX Champion
@Titanium
Reaction score
Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=60713#ixzz2Fif2Rmc8

By Rick Reeno

Sources close to the negotiations have advised BoxingScene.com that a deal is close to done for Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero (31-1-1, 18KOs) to challenge Floyd Mayweather Jr. (43-0, 26KOs) on May 4th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. We've been told the fight will indeed take place in the welterweight division, with Mayweather defending his WBC championship. Guerrero is the mandatory challenger at the weight and holds the WBC's interim-belt.

From what we understand, a lucrative rematch clause has been worked out between both sides. The network of choice, HBO or Showtime, has not been determined.

Mayweather last fought at junior middleweight on May 5th and captured the WBA title with a twelve round unanimous decision over Miguel Cotto. Guerrero, who made his welterweight debut earlier this year, put in two impressive performances with victories over unbeaten Selcuk Aydin and former two-time welterweight champion Andre Berto.

Before making the move to 147, Guerrero captured titles at 126, 130 and 135. Mayweather is a five division champion with championships won at 130, 135, 140, 147 and 154.

Ghost gonna get a payday.

payday_1-400-400.jpg

How fucking lame. By far the worst fight he has taken in quite some time.

Canelo will probably be Floyd's September fight barring an upset. Never liked Guerrero but he'll bring it like he always does and get the payday he's been begging for. Should be a good comeback fight for Floyd and hopefully we'll see Canelo later in the year for Mexican Independence Day.

Fight sucks.

$60 for a tune up fight.

I like Guerrero, but there is no way he's ready for this fight...

The Ghost is a quality opponent. He's actually defeated decent competition, unlike a certain red head

Canelo will probably be Floyd's September fight barring an upset. Never liked Guerrero but he'll bring it like he always does and get the payday he's been begging for. Should be a good comeback fight for Floyd and hopefully we'll see Canelo later in the year for Mexican Independence Day.

Yup.

Not terribly excited for this one but its good to hear that Floyd is returning to the ring

I'm not that excited for this. I guess it is a tune up, though. Still, feels like a waste of a fight.

Now this fight I will definitely pay for. Robert Guerrero is a very complete fighter and poses a lot of big problems for Floyd's style. Very exciting fight. Props to Floyd for choosing this one. I'm truly shocked he would take this.

Guerrero aint gonna get away with that holding and hit bs he got away with in the Berto fight. Team Mayweather will talk that up for months leading to May 4th. His clash with Berto was a nasty foul fest. That will not happen in a Floyd Mayweather fight.

He is going to have a lot of problems if he cant hold and hit his man.
Also Floyd will foul him back if he does. I predict the Ghost gets tooled up. I will watch it. :icon_evil

Rubbish and boring fight.

Guerrero is a limited fighter who poses no threat to Floyd. He also loves to hug and maul. He'll constantly have an uppercut in his face. Floyd is wasting his time with this fight.

why have a rematch clause?

ghost has been begging for this payday for a little while. mayweather needs to beat him then fight bradley fuck a rematch after he 12-0s him

Back