Looks like Lesnar was right

They're two different products. One is scripted, the other isnt. If you're fans of both then maybe you can make the comparison but if not bug off

With the announcement of Holm / Rousey this is just more evidence Vince McMahon is better at promoting than DW. This fight has been announced for a couple of hours and there has been nothing but negativity and backlash. DW continues to lie to the fans and in turn put on fights of no interest. I will enjoy some real entertainment this Sunday for $9.99 and laugh at the idea that DW thinks he has some sort of sustainable business model.

0587163001433278320_filepicker.jpg
Why are you comparing wrestling( you do know it's not real right???) with real fighting??
Of course it's easier to make matches in wrestling??? IT'S NOT REAL!!!.
WTF is wrong with you?????

both products are promoted based on story line/beefs/match ups/skills etc. you can say ones scripted which is true, but that doesnt take away from the fact that their promotion model for ppv is nearly identical, ufc fight pass, wwe network (even though wwe network will give you ppv's for a monthly fee, fight pass will not)

vince has also been in the business much longer than dana and has a grip on his target demographic/audience. ufc is still confused on who their audience is.

both promoters have made match up mistakes but its silly to put holm vs rousey for a multitude of reasons. mainly that holm isnt ready and that they are protecting r3 for however long that is. its funny how dana and ronda hate on floyd (dont get me wrong, i hate floyd too) but the ufc is covering up ronda and feeding her the easiest opponents so she wont lose.... in a sense doing the same that floyd does with his opponents.

I thought Holly Holm didn't wanna fight Ronda yet. She said so herself.

Based on what Cung Le and other fighters have said the UFC probably didn't even tell her in advance. That seems to be the way they do things...

Thats because internet mma fans love to whine and complain about everything and dont understand the business and promotional part of the mma.

bro, i used to watch alot of wwe back in 2011 / 2012 and trust me, on wwe forums people say the same stuff about vince / wwe that sherdog says about DW / UFC.

x2
this site is like a splitting image of the wwe forum you're praising Vince yet 3\4 the guys on that forum hates the decisions he makes and wants him to hang it up asap which i agree with Vince was great but as of now he is extremely out of touch its just that he has developed such a huge diehard fanbase he can afford to do shit

unless you're some kind of blind wwe fan the audience has been very vocal about Vince's shitty decisions btw

also why blame Dana when match making is Joe Silva's job?

Wrestling has been around for generations mma is just getting started in comparison, I have never really been a fan of wwe, was a big wcw fan when I was a kid but basically quit watching when wcw closed. I bought wwe network to watch some old wcw events, have also been watching the wwe ppvs, which for the most part are entertaining and fun to watch. Quickly becoming a big fan of Kevin Owens.

Ronda has cleaned out the division. No one is left for her to fight. The UFC will keep booking her at 135lb's until the PPV numbers force them to move her up an face Cyborg and or fight another higher weight class fighter.

Ronda/Holm is better than Ronda/Tate 3. You gotta be crazy to say otherwise.

To be honest, there is no real competitive fight for Ronda yet. It's going to take a person who runs through people the way Ronda does to be able to beat her. There isn't a woman in the UFC that's doing that.

Rousy vs. Holm is pretty good marketing. UFC is going to sell Holm off as "the most dominant boxer" with a perfect mma record and Rhonda's most difficult opponent to date. Then when Honda bullrushes Holly eating a couple of weak "aish, aish" punches on the way in and slaps on an armbar Dana can then keep driving that hype train all over mainstream media. Honda youtube vidoes are going to surpass Gangnam Style. They're going to name hurricanes after her. Conspiracy theorists are going to watch her videos and debunk them like the moon landing. When you flush the toilet the water is going to swirl around in an R pattern.

Rousy vs. Holm is pretty good marketing. UFC is going to sell Holm off as "the most dominant boxer" with a perfect mma record and Rhonda's most difficult opponent to date. Then when Honda bullrushes Holly eating a couple of weak "aish, aish" punches on the way in and slaps on an armbar Dana can then keep driving that hype train all over mainstream media. Honda youtube vidoes are going to surpass Gangnam Style. They're going to name hurricanes after her. Conspiracy theorists are going to watch her videos and debunk them like the moon landing. When you flush the toilet the water is going to swirl around in an R pattern.

I remember when a sherdogger predicted Andy vs Griffin claiming that Griffins style will make Anderson look like someone out of the matrix.

I think your post will be along the same lines.

to be fair vince was handed the wwf on a silver platter. he's built it a long way since that but he's had 2 more decades than dana to build it. is he a genius business man? yes absolutely. best promoter in combat anything? i'd say yes but vince was handed an established product and built it up over a very very extended period of time

This fight is all i see people talking about on Facebook, radio, and TV. I do live in Albuquerque however and Holly Holm is extremely popular here. Even more so than Jon Jones, Condit, etc.

Holm's a better fight, though I would have preferred her get a bit more time to develop she has a decent skill set that coupled with the right gameplan could do well.

Back