Rumored Looks like Joanna Jedrzejczyk is going to ONE Championship

I think she needs to go to ONE at this point

She can't beat Valentina, and she can't beat Rose.
Rose will get her face carved by Andrade who already lost to JJ.. Namajunas is currently the worst champion in the UFC and at the end of the day her biggest acomplishment will be being a bad matchup for JJ.

But I think Joanna should def go to One FC... she already made a name for herself in the UFC and should take the most profitable options from now.

Maybe a typo, the cut offs are from a firm called oneteaspoon so maybe it autocorrected to onechampionship, but then why would it do that?

If I’m an international or a female fighter then I’m going to ONE.

She'll have to start accusing UFC of fixing fights if she wants to get out of the contract.

that would suck, i know she doesn't have many fans left but she's one of the girls i really enjoy watching.

She tagged them because she is currently on an Asian vacation. What’s with this boards obsessions with JJ lately?

I def considered that, but I think the UFC might not want to lose any more names to ONE at this point
She's really not a big name outside of hardcores no one knows her. If she was a big draw she'd be worth keeping for someone to beat to launch into a title shot but its Wmma and you get a title shot just by being there.

She's really not a big name outside of hardcores no one knows her. If she was a big draw she'd be worth keeping for someone to beat to launch into a title shot but its Wmma and you get a title shot just by being there.
we can agree to disagree. shes not a big name, but her skill was/is there. she could still be the best 115er in the sport despite losing to rose twice. ufc made her, i will grant them that. they will have to pay her or someone else will. the polish community had only her at the moment.. i mean outside of england, poland has the biggest mma community in europe with KSW. i agree, they dont need her, but she doesnt need them. i think they will want to keep her just not to let her go to ONE

also, who the hell IS a draw in wmma? holm, cyborg, maybe nunes (the verdict is still out) rose??

to be fair, we dont even know if she can carry a card. we dont know her ppv numbers. at the very least, negotiations should be interesting. i think both her and the ufc have the option to play hardball here

we can agree to disagree. shes not a big name, but her skill was/is there. she could still be the best 115er in the sport despite losing to rose twice. ufc made her, i will grant them that. they will have to pay her or someone else will. the polish community had only her at the moment.. i mean outside of england, poland has the biggest mma community in europe with KSW. i agree, they dont need her, but she doesnt need them. i think they will want to keep her just not to let her go to ONE

also, who the hell IS a draw in wmma? holm, cyborg, maybe nunes (the verdict is still out) rose??

to be fair, we dont even know if she can carry a card. we dont know her ppv numbers. at the very least, negotiations should be interesting. i think both her and the ufc have the option to play hardball here
Jedrzejczyk doesn't need them, she had worst year sportwise in UFC, but gained a lot of popularity in her country. And polish mma fans can only relate to KSW and to her, they don't even know really too much about UFC...fights are in middle of night there.
I think Jan Blachowicz was part of big sport popularity contest and he was like no 22/23 better only than chess player... Jedrzejczyk was no 7 and no 12 - 2015 and 2016 and she wasn't even really popular back then and you could see fights only via some niche tv station, right now UFC is part of big tv channel (contract started in 2018).
Also as fan I can see that she is older and not able to keep fighting every 4 -5 months like before, so she will be less active and fights in Asia can keep her popularity in Poland, because fans will be able to see it live, not in middle of night, plus less problems with weight cuts, because no USADA. Her sponsors are mostly polish, even reebok is reebokpl (or even lesser reeebok_classic)...
I think that UFC 230 drama affected her relations with UFC, also changing camp will be possible when you know you won't fight NA fighters or fighters from ATT.

Back