News Looks like Eagle FC is done in America

That’s the thing. There’s no decent fighters at higher weight classes in East or Southeast Asia at all. You need those names to make stars off of.

So are you talking about having good fighters or having "stars"? If they lack decent fighters than beating up bad fighters wouldn't fix that.

That would be a colossus waste of resources to just have ONE be a graveyard for guys who are years past it. Most of the markets that ONE is focusing most on don't even know these guys.

ONE doesn't require guys who burned out of the UFC to make stars. That would be lazy booking for them. It is the same pitfall that many MMA orgs fall into. It doesn't work.

So are you talking about having good fighters or having "stars"? If they lack decent fighters than beating up bad fighters wouldn't fix that.

That would be a colossus waste of resources to just have ONE be a graveyard for guys who are years past it. Most of the markets that ONE is focusing most on don't even know these guys.

ONE doesn't require guys who burned out of the UFC to make stars. That would be lazy booking for them. It is the same pitfall that many MMA orgs fall into. It doesn't work.
ONE seems to be burning money on something, and it's not fighters. They were paying Rodtang 80K per bout and now they are gonna be paying him 110K, so I assume every other fighter they have it way cheaper

ONE seems to be burning money on something, and it's not fighters. They were paying Rodtang 80K per bout and now they are gonna be paying him 110K, so I assume every other fighter they have it way cheaper

The best paid kickboxer in the world only making 110k is pretty sad tbh. That's less than Kevin Holland gets.

The best paid kickboxer in the world only making 110k is pretty sad tbh. That's less than Kevin Holland gets.
I mean, KB hasn't been a powerhouse in combat sports for decades now so it tracks.

I remember back when Valtellini was on JRE they were talking about how Glory struggled to truly build an audience in the west, in spite of a good chunk of MMA fans only looking to watch glorified KB matches each card.

It wasn't for lack of trying either, since I remember them doing those Bellator crossover cards in which, ironically enough, their title fight (think it was Cavalari vs Mwekassa) ended up being the worst fight of the main card. Pretty bad luck.

I myself gave it a watch a few years back but just couldn't get into it. Found the format of 3x3 or 5x3 rounds very limiting. It was very normal to have a bunch of decisions where the most damage was done to each guys' gloves and nothing significant happened. Stopped watching after a while.

Imo if they had a round format more akin to boxing they'd stand a better chance at maintaining popularity outside of the markets that have a longstanding tradition in the sport.

I mean, KB hasn't been a powerhouse in combat sports for decades now so it tracks.

I remember back when Valtellini was on JRE they were talking about how Glory struggled to truly build an audience in the west, in spite of a good chunk of MMA fans only looking to watch glorified KB matches each card.

It wasn't for lack of trying either, since I remember them doing those Bellator crossover cards in which, ironically enough, their title fight (think it was Cavalari vs Mwekassa) ended up being the worst fight of the main card. Pretty bad luck.

I myself gave it a watch a few years back but just couldn't get into it. Found the format of 3x3 or 5x3 rounds very limiting. It was very normal to have a bunch of decisions where the most damage was done to each guys' gloves and nothing significant happened. Stopped watching after a while.

Imo if they had a round format more akin to boxing they'd stand a better chance at maintaining popularity outside of the markets that have a longstanding tradition in the sport.

Yeah it's not for me either, I just know how tough a sport it is and it's a shame that people make so little from it.

Looks like Charti is trying to sell that he treats Muay Thai fighters right ... after all the bad press of the Thai famous gym Petchyindee Academy quitting One accusing them of bad treatment and disrespect.

Jeez, no wonder we haven't heard from them in a long time.

Tyrone Spong - return to GLORY
Sergei Kharitonov - RCC
Thiago Silva - I don't think he'd be a bad pick-up for RIZIN tbh
Hector Lombard - ONE Championship. The MW there sucks so why not?
Renan Barao - He has four cancelled fights since leaving the UFC. Like WTF?
Rashad Evans - ONE Championship. The LHW there is nonexistent
Eduardo Dantas - PFL
JDS - ONE Championship or RIZIN. Either that or pro wrestling.
Diego Sanchez - Would be interesting in RIZIN or ONE. He has that "true martial artist" gimmick that Chatri
Kevin Lee - Bellator material if I've ever seen it.
Yorgan De Castro - Bellator
Ray Borg - RIZIN
Most of the guys you listed need to retire from MMA.

Boxing suffers from being too long, saying that from someone who watches boxing only a weekly basis. Kickboxing is short and to the point. Boxing isn't popular because the fights are as long as some dramas.

Glory does have an audience in the West. Do you mean the Americas? Glory ran a few shows in USA, but they have no local talent to promote. They also ran out of money during the pandemic and probably from overexpanding in general (they were running shows in China during that period as well).

It's not normal for fights to go decisions in Glory. Kickboxing has a lot of finishes, and the decisions aren't as nearly as drawn out as boxing or MMA because they're shorter. You're going off of small sample sizes it sounds like.

Bellator did close to no crossover with kickboxing. Their kickboxing cards were separate from their MMA cards and had almost no support. Saying they tried is being very liberal with the word tried.

Kickboxing is an incredibly offensive and violent sport. The rules are designed almost specifically for that - if anything it is too offensive and sometimes just looks like rock and sockem robots.

There is no way someone is going to watch a few Rise or ONE cards and seeing a bunch of decisions. Almost every great fighter gets knocked out even if they are not washed up.

Last edited:
Boxing suffers from being too long, saying that from someone who watches boxing only a weekly basis. Kickboxing is short and to the point. Boxing isn't popular because the fights are as long as some dramas.

Glory does have an audience in the West. Do you mean the Americas? Glory ran a few shows in USA, but they have no local talent to promote. They also ran out of money during the pandemic and probably from overexpanding in general (they were running shows in China during that period as well).

It's not normal for fights to go decisions in Glory. Kickboxing has a lot of finishes, and the decisions aren't as nearly as drawn out as boxing or MMA because they're shorter. You're going off of small sample sizes it sounds like.

Bellator did close to no crossover with kickboxing. Their kickboxing cards were separate from their MMA cards and had almost no support. Saying they tried is being very liberal with the word tried.

Kickboxing is an incredibly offensive and violent sport. The rules are designed almost specifically for that - if anything it is too offensive and sometimes just looks like rock and sockem robots.

There is no way someone is going to watch a few Rise or ONE cards and seeing a bunch of decisions. Almost every great fighter gets knocked out even if they are not washed up.
I meant back when Glory and Bellator were under Spike, they had that card headlined with Liam McGeary vs Tito and some KB fights interspersed. Bellator KB was just them trying to squeeze the most they could out of their Italian shows, so I don't count that as you would what One is doing.

Jeez, no wonder we haven't heard from them in a long time.

Tyrone Spong - return to GLORY
Sergei Kharitonov - RCC
Thiago Silva - I don't think he'd be a bad pick-up for RIZIN tbh
Hector Lombard - ONE Championship. The MW there sucks so why not?
Renan Barao - He has four cancelled fights since leaving the UFC. Like WTF?
Rashad Evans - ONE Championship. The LHW there is nonexistent
Eduardo Dantas - PFL
JDS - ONE Championship or RIZIN. Either that or pro wrestling.
Diego Sanchez - Would be interesting in RIZIN or ONE. He has that "true martial artist" gimmick that Chatri
Kevin Lee - Bellator material if I've ever seen it.
Yorgan De Castro - Bellator
Ray Borg - RIZIN
Them = Eagle FC?
Yesterday they posted about their Eagle FC 61 event, scheduled for December 10 in Kazakhstan with 3 title fights. Also there is Eagle FC Selection scheduled for December 2.

Them = Eagle FC?
Yesterday they posted about their Eagle FC 61 event, scheduled for December 10 in Kazakhstan with 3 title fights. Also there is Eagle FC Selection scheduled for December 2.
As an American MMA fan, why would I know about some Eagle FC fights from Borat’s home country?

So will fighters just finish their contracts and leave cause they aint doing shit in america anymore or will they release guys?

PFL could def pick up Lee, JDS etc.

Looks like Charti is trying to sell that he treats Muay Thai fighters right ... after all the bad press of the Thai famous gym Petchyindee Academy quitting One accusing them of bad treatment and disrespect.
The top fighters in the stadiums earn around $6k. Thats on a big show, if u are headlining, a big draw and a champion. There is fighters on stadium shows earning 2 or 300 dollars.
Also if rodtang was headlining big cards in thailand he would be fighting better competition and having harder fights more regularly.
You can say what u like about chartri but he is paying these thai fighters way more than they would get anywhere else.

So will fighters just finish their contracts and leave cause they aint doing shit in america anymore or will they release guys?

PFL could def pick up Lee, JDS etc.

Ali and his partner manages the majority of their top guys… they will move them to PFL more than likely …

Back