Looks Like Alex Chambers Used Her $50K Bonus For An American Top Team Fight Camp

She probably won't win, but good on her.

Mate I'd cut off me arm if I woke up with her on it.

That said, me wife's a bit of a heifer

Am I wrong in thinking that Australians haven't done all that well in the UFC? Am I wrong to think that ATT may be able to offer better quality training and fight preparation than what Australian MMA gyms have to offer?

Some Australians have done well and some haven't, same as any other country. She's not going to become Jedrzejczyk overnight. Speaking of Jedrzejczyk, she does pretty well considering she's not training at some kind of mega-gym on the other side of the world.

Good. The odds are ridiculous on this fight, anyway. Paige isn't that good. Plus, Alex will be training under the same people that gave Tecia a winning game plan against PVZ.

did a basic armbar that no male UFC fighter would ever tap to.

You didn't like this armbar...

11816346_1166395120053305_9060362340412805936_o.jpg

Good. The odds are ridiculous on this fight, anyway. Paige isn't that good. Plus, Alex will be training under the same people that gave Tecia a winning game plan against PVZ.

she's nowhere near as good a fighter as tecia, though. and pvz wasn't even 19 years old at the time of that fight.

i don't see this as being competitive, ATT training camp or not.

It's unfortunate, but I just don't ever being a contender or top ranked competitor in the sport. Her age certainly isn't helping the situation either. Wish her all the best though, she was easily one of the most friendly and non-trashy competitors on TUF.

IMO, there is something missing in the ATT camp's prep.
Some of the most talented guys there seem to have trouble putting things together and coming out with a (Unified Rules oriented) gameplan.

They train BJJ with one of the greatest grapplers ever, but most of them seem to only use their BJJ to scoot their hips and get back up after a TD.

I think a guy like Dustin Poirier, with all the skills he has, should have had better preparation for all his fights since joining ATT.
Same with Tyrone Woodley and Hector Lombard.
Thiago Alves was exceptional all around, but he also had poor strategy and poor weight cutting several times. He could have been a Top 5 WW of all time if he showed up prepared the way GSP does.
Some of these guys have amazing talent at all aspects of MMA...

Lawler spent years and years extensively training with Miletich guys, and he was the oddball standup artist amidst a sea of wrestlers back then. I think between whatever he thinks about in his training, and taking advantage of what ATT has to offer, he's been the exception out of guys who went to ATT.

all 50k??

seems excessive.

In honesty, I don't have any evidence that she spent any of the $50 K on the fight camp, or how she is financing it. But I expect that it is expensive for someone who lives in Australia to come train in the US, and it isn't like the lower tier strawweights are getting paid big money by the UFC. I assumed the fight bonus helped significantly, but that is just a guess on my part.

her looks are quite average in that picture

I'd file her under cute just looking at the photo. Toss in that she has a degree in mechatronics and wanted to be an astrophysicist definitely doesn't hurt. Nothing like a girl with a brain. :icon_chee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back