Looking your best. Grooming & Menswear (Videos Only Edition)

I really appreciate threads like this. In my eyes it is a jewel in a sea of threads of guys refusing to accept their own latent homosexuality and blaming women in some sort of ritualistic cyber circlejerk for their failures while they refuse to find ways to improve their game.

I really appreciate threads like this. In my eyes it is a jewel in a sea of threads of guys refusing to accept their own latent homosexuality and blaming women in some sort of ritualistic cyber circlejerk for their failures while they refuse to find ways to improve their game.
or wondering why their boss won't take them seriously.
giphy.gif

@P⊚WER² do you have any advice on suit materials or type of suite for dancing ones ass off in without overheating?
Cotton is probably you're best option. But, pay attention to quality. You obviously can't wear Linen at indoor club setting, because it will show moisture at some point.

Watch this on video on a few suit material options.

Not good at picking out and matching clothes? You can try monthly menswear curated box subscriptions

for the bigger Sherdoggers out there, here is a review of Bombfell from a chunky buddy.

I think I'm going to try one before signing up my son. Here is a review of several:

5 of the Best Men’s Personal Stylist Services
https://www.cheatsheet.com/gear-style/best-mens-personal-stylist-services.html/

Last edited:
I was gonna watch some of these, until I remembered that I dont own any suits, dress shoes, watches, ties, or a fancy belt. Never in my life have I had a need for any of them, and I am remarkably thankful for that.

I was gonna watch some of these, until I remembered that I dont own any suits, dress shoes, watches, ties, or a fancy belt. Never in my life have I had a need for any of them, and I am remarkably thankful for that.
Well...some people have to package and market themselves better to compensate the black hole inside them.

Out of curiosity - what do you wear when you take your wife or GF out for a night on the town? to weddings? anniversary? a friends college graduation? to job interviews? to nice restaurants, bars or nightclubs? for example, you can't wear jeans to my favorite jazz club. it's where all the greats pop up impromptu. looking casual isn't an option.
Well...some people have to package and market themselves better to compensate the black hole inside them.
you're suggesting that anyone who doesn't live their life like you - exactly like you - must be unhappy.

sounds like you're trying to convince yourself. also...

<{poor?}>

Last edited:
Out of curiosity - what do you wear when you take your wife or GF out for a night on the town? to weddings? anniversary? a friends college graduation? to job interviews? to nice restaurants, bars or nightclubs? for example, you can't wear jeans to my favorite jazz club. it's where all the greats pop up impromptu. looking casual isn't an option.

Jeans, clean boots, and a nice button up. Nobody that knows me expects me to wear anything other than that, because it's what I am comfortable in and I refuse to dress in anything that I am not comfort in.

Also, no job I would apply for would require a suit anyways. I do blue collar work, I would sooner drop dead than sit behind a desk ever again.

Jeans, clean boots, and a nice button up. Nobody that knows me expects me to wear anything other than that, because it's what I am comfortable in and I refuse to dress in anything that I am not comfort in.

Also, no job I would apply for would require a suit anyways. I do blue collar work, I would sooner drop dead than sit behind a desk ever again.
Well, I respect that. My job requires me to wear everything from suits to jeans on any given day. Even those most days I dress casual to business casual.

That being said, you either have a woman or you like to date them. You have a boss or you are the boss, and you'd like in either situation to not be viewed as a slob.

So, even though your post suggests that you don't care about your appearance, I'm sure that's not true at all. I can tell just by how your described your attire. You care about your appearance. You just don't want to wear certain clothes. (between you and me, I hate ties.) Also, I'm sure there are occasions where you dress up or even down, because you're an adult and you know the occasion arises sometimes.

The thread isn't about getting everyone to wear a suit or brogues. It's about sharing tips. I'll eventually get to all dress situations, including casual look and upkeep. Don't assume I'm all pocket squares. LOL

How do guys get the neckline of their beards so perfectly straight. That is my conundrum.

Back