looking to train in/near Harlem NYC

shermbe

White Belt
Reaction score
I just moved from NJ to harlem new york. I haven't been able to find anywhere new to train. I know there's marcelo's and Renzo's in midtown but i want something closer to where i live. I'm on 146th st and would love to find a jiu-jitsu place or even boxing or kickboxing nearby.

anyone know any place nearby?

i'm sorta close to the bronx but if i've gotta take a 30-40 minute subway ride im not gonna like training there.

If you are willing to take a 30-40 minute subway ride to the Bronx why not just take a 25-30 minute ride to midtown?

146th and what? I'm on 116th and it takes me about 20 minutes to get to Union Square (clockwork bjj)

Check out this place....

Upper Eastside NYC
Premier Martial Arts - BJJ
220 East 86th St.
New York, NY 10028
212-772-3700 212-772-3700
Instructor - BJJ Blackbelt
Babs Olusanmokun

They're affiliated with Shaolin so I'm guessing it's a Nova Uniao school.... Can't help you with the Thai Boxing stuff

There are tons of people that would kill to live where you do, and train at Renzo's or Marcelo's. I doubt it would take longer than 45 minutes to commute to their location.

However, to each their own....

Check out this place....

Upper Eastside NYC
Premier Martial Arts - BJJ
220 East 86th St.
New York, NY 10028
212-772-3700 212-772-3700
Instructor - BJJ Blackbelt
Babs Olusanmokun

They're affiliated with Shaolin so I'm guessing it's a Nova Uniao school.... Can't help you with the Thai Boxing stuff

That's Babs from Alliance isn't it? Did he open up his own school or is he just doing some instruction at that place on the side? Babs is a cool guy and a great teacher for what it's worth.

I just moved from NJ to harlem new york. I haven't been able to find anywhere new to train. I know there's marcelo's and Renzo's in midtown but i want something closer to where i live. I'm on 146th st and would love to find a jiu-jitsu place or even boxing or kickboxing nearby.

anyone know any place nearby?

i'm sorta close to the bronx but if i've gotta take a 30-40 minute subway ride im not gonna like training there.

I think if you are willing to travel 20-30 minutes on the subway you will be able to find some top quality schools. I would check out New York Jiu Jitsu, I live way out in Jamaica Queens and it only takes me 40 minutes. Their instructors are Renzo Gracie black belts, they have a big facility and it is super clean and they are a good value for nyc. Good luck.

That's Babs from Alliance isn't it? Did he open up his own school or is he just doing some instruction at that place on the side? Babs is a cool guy and a great teacher for what it's worth.

I was thinking the same thing. He's a black belt under Fabio Clemente if I'm not mistaken, so I don't think he would be affiliated with Shaolin. I actually thought he was an instructor at Alliance NYC.

I was thinking the same thing. He's a black belt under Fabio Clemente if I'm not mistaken, so I don't think he would be affiliated with Shaolin. I actually thought he was an instructor at Alliance NYC.

Babs and Lucas Lepri still teach all the classes at Alliance. Babs teaches at premier a few times a week (I think mon and wednesday?) on the side.

There are tons of people that would kill to live where you do, and train at Renzo's or Marcelo's. I doubt it would take longer than 45 minutes to commute to their location.

However, to each their own....

Agreed. Solid choices right there.

thanks guys. gonna check out the one on the westside. im right off the 1 train so thats like 15 minutes from my place. thats exactly what im looking for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back